Provisional Rankinga - PTC4 Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provisional Rankinga - PTC4 Updated

Here are the provisional rankings at the conclusion of the 4th Players Tour Championship event at the World Snooker Academy in Sheffield. I've also included minimum points for the Shanghai Masters and World Open:
    1. Neil Robertson
    2. John Higgins
    3. Allister Carter
    4. Ronnie O'Sullivan
    5. Stephen Maguire
    6. Shaun Murphy
    7. Ding Junhui
    8. Mark Williams MBE
    9. Mark Selby
    10. Mark Allen
    11. Stephen Hendry MBE
    12. Graeme Dott
    13. Marco Fu
    14. Mark King
    15. Peter Ebdon
    16. Ryan Day
    17. Matthew Stevens
    18. Jamie Cope
    19. Stephen Lee
    20. Liang Wenbo
    21. Mark Davis
    22. Joe Perry
    23. Barry Hawkins
    24. Stuart Bingham
    25. Gerard Greene
    26. Ricky Walden
    27. Ken Doherty
    28. Steve Davis OBE
    29. Judd Trump
    30. Robert Milkins
    31. Martin Gould
    32. Tom Ford
    33. Mike Dunn
    34. Andrew Higginson
    35. Michael Holt
    36. Barry Pinches
    37. Joe Swail
    38. Nigel Bond
    39. Rory McLeod
    40. Marcus Campbell
    41. Dominic Dale
    42. Stuart Pettman
    43. Jamie Burnett
    44. Anthony Hamilton
    45. Fergal O'Brien
    46. Dave Harold
    47. Peter Lines
    48. Andy Hicks
    49. Adrian Gunnell
    50. Matthew Selt
    51. Rod Lawler
    52. Ian McCulloch
    53. Alan McManus
    54. Michael Judge
    55. Joe Delaney
    56. Mark Joyce
    57. Jimmy Michie
    58. David Morris
    59. Tony Drago
    60. Patrick Wallace
    61. Matthew Couch
    62. Dave Gilbert
    63. Paul Davies
    64. Jimmy White MBE
    65. Liu Song
    66. Simon Bedford
    67. Jimmy Robertson
    68. Bjorn Haneveer
    69. Alfie Burden
    70. Anthony McGill
    71. Igor Figueiredo
    72. Joe Jogia
    73. Liam Highfield
    74. James Wattana
    75. Jamie Jones
    76. Michael White
    77. Zhang Anda
    78. Andrew Pagett
    79. Jack Lisowski
    80. Xiao Guodong
    81. Liu Chuang
    82. James McBain
    83. Kurt Maflin
    84. Kyren Wilson
    85. Thanawat Tirapaipongboon
    86. Adam Wicheard
    87. Patrick Einsle
    88. Paul Davison
    89. Dermot McGlinchey
    90. Justin Astley
    91. Ben Woollaston
    92. Jak Jones
    93. Kuldesh Johal
    94. Jamie O'Neill
    95. Issara Kachaiwong
    96. Noppon Saengkham
    97. Reanne Evans

Big Movers:

- Barry Pinches has provisionally moved up 21 places since the start of the season.
    - Martin Gould has moved up 12 places provisionally since the World Championship.
    - Matthew Stevens is now just 220 points off the top 16.
    - Liang Wenbo has fallen out of the top 16 provisionally; Peter Ebdon replaces him.
    - Despite being currently suspended, John Higgins is still around 6,000 points ahead of Allister Carter directly below him

i dont think liu song possition is safe no matter how high up the ranking he gets when johns back and if he is gone.

Comment

The list on GSC is different, not quite sure why..

http://www.global-snooker.com/rankin...r-rankings.asp

Comment

robbo
        Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by rivercard View Post
          The list on GSC is different, not quite sure why..

http://www.global-snooker.com/rankin...r-rankings.asp
          Minimum World Open points have not been added on.

Comment

Originally Posted by ltfc39 View Post
            Minimum World Open points have not been added on.
            Global List is all to cock they not taken off the points they should for shanghai,Grand Prix and Northern ireland trophy and Tony Drago did not have 14970 to start with he only had about 9,000 points so that list is just one big confusion so follow the rankings here http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2...onal-rankings/

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
              Global List is all to cock they not taken off the points they should for shanghai,Grand Prix and Northern ireland trophy and Tony Drago did not have 14970 to start with he only had about 9,000 points so that list is just one big confusion so follow the rankings here http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2...onal-rankings/
              Absolutely right. Matt's provisional ranking is correct but not Global or WSA.

Comment

Posted this on PSB...
                It seems unfair that the likes of Tony Drago and others who joined the tour this season or last season have no points to take through for the 2008/09 season.

For example Drago is placed 59th, having finished the season 54th and he has done relatively well in the PTC.

Historically, there has been starter points and Drago (and others) had 5850 for the 2008/09 season - These surely shouldn't all be dropped as it means they have less counting tournaments, so a proportion should stay - if this was say 3500, then Drago would rise to 49th and if it was 3600 or more, he'd be in the top 48. It only seems fair as they give starter points for all those who didn't take part in 2009/10, that there should be dwindling proportio of started points for all those who didn't take part in 2009/10.

Comment

Looking at Matt's list, the lack of starting points does look very unfair. In fact Tony is the only one who actually ovetakes anyone with starting points, all the others without starting points make up the bottom 31. Surely something should be done about this as these players face an uphill tackle just to stay on the Tour unless I'm missing something.

Comment

As the season goes on, then the starter points for 2008/09 will dwindle to the end of the season where no one will have any points for 2008/09. But they do have started points for 2009/10 for those new players.

It just means that all Tony's endeavours in 2009/10 and others as well in getting points from the season is limited as these are the only points they have whereas others have another 5 or 6 events counting from 2008/09. It means they have more qualifying to do perhaps than they would have done originally.
                    I think they almost need starter points for each tournament for those that didn't play in it, so players who come in next year will have starter points for 2010/11 and starter points for each tournament in 2009/10 which will be removed as the season progresses.

Comment

I see. So the ranking list isn't that helpful at the moment in regards to see how the "new" players are doing.

Comment

They should give starter points for each quarter-season a player wasnt on the main tour. that would be the same situation as last season. i.e give them shares of the 5850 starter points for each quarter I/0809, II/0809, III/0809, IV/0809, and shares of 5040 for I/0910, II/0910, III/0910, IV/0910!

btw: matt (PSB) has slightly different ranking positions 71-97 than in this table. as both of you have the provisional I/1011 ranking, and both included the minimum points for the world open, who is right?
                        Lucky Dip history:

2010 Sangsom 6 Reds - eliminated at group stage

2010 BTV Cup Beijing - Winner with Tian Pengfei

Comment

I do understand that changes are afoot as far as the starter points are concerned and that a letter has been sent to the players informing them of this. Exactly what is going to happen I don't know though.

I notice that on Global they are awarding 10890 starter points, but where this figure is from I am not sure as on the WSA site they have just awarded them 5040 as the equivalent of Ben Woollaston's tally from last season as normal. I have therefore just done the same for now.

Re: Liu Song, Grove Snooker who are his management group told me on Twitter that he isn't getting points, it's just an opportunity to play at this stage.
                          sigpic
                          http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by erezpa View Post
                            btw: matt (PSB) has slightly different ranking positions 71-97 than in this table. as both of you have the provisional I/1011 ranking, and both included the minimum points for the world open, who is right?

Think that's because I've not included Liu Song.
                            sigpic
                            http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

as the season goes on players like drago will be climing thoes rankings because theres nothing coming off for example at the end of season when all 2008/2009 points disapered Drago in 62nd spot will have 11,930 plus what he makes from other events this season and Rod Lawlor in 50th spot has 10,215 plus what he makes this season so as you see efectively for end of season rankings that keeps you on tour Drago has 1,715 more points than Rod Lawlor.

Martin Gould in 32 spot has less points than drago once All the 2008/2009 points been deducted after the WC.

http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2.../#comment-7455

Comment

Working...
                              X