Main Tour Promotion/Relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Tour Promotion/Relegation

Thought I would do a quick calc on the amount of promotion/relegation of players who have survived on the main tour each year.

Over the past few years somewhere between 6-8 of the 24 new players in a season have kept their place at the end of the season.

At this very early stage of this season, calculating minimum points at each cut-off, there are 10 players on course to survive out of the 24. These are in order of final ranking/likelihood of survival:

Jm Jones, A Burden, A McGill, J Lisowski, L Highfield, I Figueiredo, X Guodong, A Pagett, L Chuang, P Davison.

the 10 most likely to drop off the tour in order of likelihood are:

P Davies, D Gilbert, S Bedford, Z Anda, J Delaney, M Judge, P Wallace, J Wattana, J Michie, J Swail.

so a lot of youngsters potentially surviving and a lot of longer-term pros in real danger.

Of course it is still very early days so a lot could change yet......

The way I understand the rules, it´s only the first 64 players that are guaranteed a place next year. The others have to go through a qualifiers school, so at the moment only Bjorn Hanever, Jamie Jones, Alfie Burden and McGill is inside top 64, and still lots of points to play about.
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
      The way I understand the rules, it´s only the first 64 players that are guaranteed a place next year. The others have to go through a qualifiers school, so at the moment only Bjorn Hanever, Jamie Jones, Alfie Burden and McGill is inside top 64, and still lots of points to play about.
      Top 64 on the Ranking List
      and
      Top 8 MAIN TOUR PLAYERS on the PTC Order of Merit thats not in the top 64.

then theres Players thats not on the Main Tour this season that can get on via

IBSF World Champion
      IBSF WU21 Champion
      Europe x 2
      Asia x3
      England x 1
      Wales x 1
      Scotland x 1
      N Ireland x 1
      Rep of Ireland x 1

and finally 12 places available via Q School

the Q School is virtually a condensed version of the old PIOS but in Q School Players that would have dropped off tour before with PIOS Can enter and hold on to their Pro Status now.

Comment

One of the newcomers had confirmed:
        IBSF WU21 Champion - Sam Craigie(Eng)

Comment

Originally Posted by likahokeith View Post
          One of the newcomers had confirmed:
          IBSF WU21 Champion - Sam Craigie(Eng)
          im sure his brother Stephen will be entering the Q School and could be the first Brothers since i guess Mark Johnston-Allen and his brother Craig to play on tour.

Comment

Joe Swail dropping off the tour - unbelieveable
            Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

I don't think that it will happen as I'd expect him to win a couple of matches during the major events at some stage, but I think he will fall out of the top 48 once those Welsh points go.
              sigpic
              http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by miscuehamburg View Post
                Joe Swail dropping off the tour - unbelieveable
                I think if he doesent win a single match all season he might just about drop off but i think he will be well in .

Comment

Working...
                X