Steel Block cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Block cushions

How much difference do they make to an ordinary amateur player?
    王可

Supposedly you get a more consistent bounce, but if you have good rubber and solid cushions on a non-stell blocked table it's very difficult to tell the difference

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thank you Terry. I think you just saved me some money.
      王可

Comment

a steel block cushion table with the same good rubber plays very differently to a non steel table ,,

Comment

Terry, if you had a choice and money didn`t come into the equation what would you prefer? Steel block or non steel block? Like Geoff pointed out earlier if the cushions are made of a very dense wood such as Cuban mahogany, the difference is negligible. However modern tables do not use heavy/dense enough timber. I have played on non steel block tables where the bounce was excellent and conversely steel block cushions that are dead. (Brand New Chinese ones!).

Comment

Could someone explain how a cushion is constructed? I always thought it was a piece of rubber then I thought that some were made of steel and now it seems mahogany can be used! Would be very interested in how you can tell the difference. What are the Star table cushions made of and what would a normal club table cushions be made of??

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
              Could someone explain how a cushion is constructed? I always thought it was a piece of rubber then I thought that some were made of steel and now it seems mahogany can be used! Would be very interested in how you can tell the difference. What are the Star table cushions made of and what would a normal club table cushions be made of??
              There is a diagram here.. not sure which bit is made of steel block tho..
              http://www.pooltableplans.com/TGB%20...%20Methods.htm
              "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
              - Linus Pauling

Comment

And another picture here:

http://www.titansports.co.uk/product...es/cushion.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X