Murphy wins 5-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy wins 5-0

Shaun Murphy today took one step closer to greatness with a resounding 5-0 win over Telford's Adrian Gunnell in the final qualifier for next week's British Open.
    Murphy quickly went into a 1-0 lead when he claimed the first frame because his opponent arrived at the match table with " a slightly balding head".
    Tournament director Mark Gandie had no hesitation in penalising Gunnell in this instance.
    Murphy won frame 2 with a break of 84 and won frame three because his opponent took a toilet break and accidently farted.
    Unfortunately for Gunnell the fart was picked up on the effects microphone and the astute Murphy once again claimed the frame, with Gunnell bang to rights.
    Murphy's powered to frame four with runs of 50 and 67 to lead 4-0 at the interval.
    Murphy soon converted this advantage to a 5-0 whitewash by claiming the fifth frame by virtue of his opponent wearing a logo that "did not look nice".
    Once again the official tournament director was quick to step in and Gunnell was soundly beaten.
    Gunnell said "If I ever see that big, ugly but admittedly fine cueman (Murphy) again I will punch his lights out".
    After his unsavoury remarks it was confirmed that Gunnell is already 3-0 down whenever the two players meet again.
    Snooker is a game which is possessed by demonic forces..........

hahaha much amusement. I don't know the guy but I remember him saying how he was as good as Hendry and Davis before he'd even won anything so I take mild pleasure in seeing him fail

Comment

You are perfectly right. I felt the same. ( Are we a bit unforgiving ?!... ) Ian McCulloch needed a similar little lesson - and he got it !...

Comment

What would you think of a final Ronnie - Shaun Murphy ?...

Comment

I'd think both would lose in the semis

Comment

Working...
          X