Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the World Championship date be moved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the World Championship date be moved?

If they moved it to the end of May the final could be played over the Spring Bank weekend rather than May Day. It would give the players slightly longer to recuperate between tournaments. I remember last year Ronnie was considering pulling out of the Scottish Open because he was suffering from exhaustion and then ended up losing in the first round of the WC. The hectic schedule towards the end of the season is unacceptable. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

No way man! The Worlds has always been last 2 weeks of April and is a time every year I put aside especially for it. It just wouldn't be the same at any other time of year.

The only problem I have with it is that it's the one time of year I'm really seriously up for playing all the time yet the local league season is over and no one really plays over the summer.... if it was to be moved I'd go for a September / October timeslot

Comment

Why should they change the schedules to suit the players? If they want a rest, take one! But don't expect snooker to revolve around the players diary.
      No one is forcing players to cram as many touranments in every year. If they're getting burned out they should be planning their season a little better.

Comment

Working...
      X