Australian Goldfields Open 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
    I'm torn on this. I like Mark, and am glad he's back on form. For somebody who got several semis, and a UK championship final, I felt his haul last year was pretty disappointing. A PTC and the German Masters. He's obviously much improved, nearly back to his best. I'd love to see him win the first ranking tournament of the season.

However, you couldn't begrudge Bingham's day in the sun, considering he's never won a title before.
    come on his haul last season was braught to a end in the 2 major rankers by John Higgins not jo bloggs but having said that he let john off the hook twice which a few years back he would have rammed it home.

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
      come on his haul last season was braught to a end in the 2 major rankers by John Higgins not jo bloggs but having said that he let john off the hook twice which a few years back he would have rammed it home.
      Yeah, it took one of the other greatest players of all time to beat him. But even so, the bottom line is trophies.

Comment

Yeah, it took one of the other greatest players of all time to beat him. But even so, the bottom line is trophies.
        no talk about dancing here lol

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
          no talk about dancing here lol
          Hey, it's always somebody else who brings that up. I just talk about female referees.

Comment

Great opening frame from Stuart....... 139 clearance!!
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

A good match but i've had to put it on mute. Can't take anymore of listening to Joe Johnson smacking his lips while commentating.

Comment

It's good that Bingham started the match well, otherwise it could have been a bit one sided. He was actually in a good position to take a lead from this session, but at least it leaves him level after the little crisis he had in the second part of the session.

It should be a good conclusion. I expect Mark Williams to take control of the match now.

Comment

Winning the German masters and a PTC, 9-10 v Higgins in the UK final can't be disappointing for 2010/11.
                  Last edited by david16; 24 July 2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Looks like Stuart totally collapsed in the second session...sigh
                    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• Originally Posted by beechy1212 View Post
                      A good match but i've had to put it on mute. Can't take anymore of listening to Joe Johnson smacking his lips while commentating.
                      Your kidding,JJ's class,its the guy who talks too fast reeling out stats from left field who's my bugbear :-)

Comment

• well done Stuart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Amazing win! Who will say he has no bottle now, huh?
                          2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                          2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• What a fantastic comeback from Bingham, the best win of his career.

You couldn't really have wished for a better match, 9-8, on the colours. That double to start Bingham's initial break is an early contender for shot of the season, surely.

Williams played his part as well, with some great snooker throughout the tournament. But how embarrassing for him that he lost two finals like that in the last year.

Comment

• Well done for Stuart, maybe he does have a bit of bottle after all?

I feel a bit sorry for the interviewer, Williams obviously wasn't in the best of moods.

Comment

• What a Match!

Stuart totally deserved that and thanks to him for this performance and enjoy to watch. He make few big mistakes at lead 4-3, at 4-4 and again at 4-5.. he really looks over and collapsed as missnevorleans said. After that Mark easy came to 8-5 and it looks like the end. After so so lucky 14th frame Stuart make good 8-7 and that was it, as commentator said " Now it can be seen on his body language". Stuart get back his confidence to 100% and become unstoppable. 8-8 and new Historical decider frame. In position where Mark put him, on that result and red close to left middle nobody expect that Stu is going to play that GREAT canon and pot... wonderfull.
                                As I said yesterday he play role of his life and all congratulation to him, this is not just another great result return, it's GREAT PSYCHOLOGY RETURN !

Mark play well and have really good shoots even in that decider, but BRAVO STU, you deserve trophy!

Comment

Working...
                                X