Should Dott win The China Open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Dott win The China Open?

I think it would be better Mr. Dott would not win the China open. The chance of winning 2 consecutive ranking tournaments are very slim as it happened over the last couple of seasons. He should leave it and finally break The Crucible curse!

Why shouldn't he win the China Open and then break the Crucible curse?
    Winning the China Open doesn't change his chances of winning the World Championship.

Comment

Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave
      He should leave it and finally break The Crucible curse!
      Bull****. Dott's on form NOW. There is no guarantee that he'll be playing like this at the Crucible. It would be the silliest thing, really, to even think about the Worlds and whether maybe possibly the chances of doing well there will be affected by winning in China.

I'm no huge fan of Dott, but I expect him to put in his full effort in winning both tournaments, regardless of whether he'll win the China Open or not.
      Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

Originally Posted by Maija
        Bull****. Dott's on form NOW. There is no guarantee that he'll be playing like this at the Crucible. It would be the silliest thing, really, to even think about the Worlds and whether maybe possibly the chances of doing well there will be affected by winning in China.
        Exactly. Dott has enough routine to know what he's doing and how to deal with it all. Would be utterly foolish not to go for a China Open win...
        2010 World Open Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

hehe Paul, a nice one
          I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

Indeed William! My post merely meant that winning two consecutive tournaments has been rather extraordinary the last couple of seasons. Winning The China Open might statistically reduce his chances. I would like to see him win The Crucible again. Fortunately the agressive ladies wont be there!

Comment

I think it would be better Mr. Dott would not win the China open. The chance of winning 2 consecutive ranking tournaments are very slim as it happened over the last couple of seasons. He should leave it and finally break The Crucible curse!

Looks like The Dott might be a bit wiser than we had all given him credit for, he seems to be peaking at just the right time - he has beaten Higgins and Ronnie this week so he must fancy his chances now of breaking the Crucible Curse.

I would say the chances of winning 2 consecutive 'best of nine' rankers is very slim as best of nines is a lottery. But as the WC is played over longer matches I don't see why Dotty can't win back to back rankers.
              "And slowly and surely they drew their plans against us"

Comment

Lagermike is a connaisseur!

This shows The dude LagerMike knows his snooker. Well balanced comment and taking the number of frames into perspective, which is actually the difference between the 2 tournaments. Some ladies still can learn a bit!

Comment

Someone did not agree, William. I got a negative rep! Unfortunately the one is not going to Sheffield otherwise I settle the score!

Originally Posted by Wim
                  hehe Paul, a nice one

Comment

I don't think he will lose, Cope looked nervous!
                    And actually about winning, it can go in two ways:
                    He can win, and not very care about his game and lose;
                    or he can be in good mood after winning a tournament and win Crucible too!
                    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

valid point. Personally I think (and predicted likewise) Dott will win the final by a relative big margin.

Comment

I've just got a quick little question here: who on earth feels that I have attacked the freedom of speech in my last post?! And HOW? I thought that discussion forums online were about stating different opinions and maybe even possibly at some point reach a common ground and conclusion, but I might be far off there. Answer pr PM'd be appreciated. And, as an afterthough: At least have the balls to sign when repping.

Aah, the joys of internet forums.
                        Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

Since Ronnie loss you seem off the boil. I always sign the reps, but they are always positive reps!

If I have to say something negative, I include it in my post.

Comment

This shows The dude LagerMike knows his snooker. Well balanced comment and taking the number of frames into perspective, which is actually the difference between the 2 tournaments. Some ladies still can learn a bit!

Nice one geezer! Yes, winning back to back events like the Welsh Open and then the Malta Cup is particularly difficult due to so many best of nine matches.

The WC however, is a different kettle of fish altogether. You just won't get semi-finalists there like Jamie Cope, Barry Hawkins and Andrew Higginson, the cream always rises to the top at Sheffield.

Reluctantly I am now thinking about classing Graeme Dott as 'cream'.
                            "And slowly and surely they drew their plans against us"

Comment

Whipped cream or Double Cream?

Comment

Working...
                              X