No announcement yet.

China Open match discussions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working when I tried it which was only an hour or so ago, but as usual with these sort of things, if you're lucky it works, but if you're not & their servers can't hack the amount of traffic, then it doesn't.

Comment

That Li Yuang guy looked like a great talent. He's got so much similarities with Ding a couple of years ago!
      Really? He looked like a mixture of Peter Ebdon and Dave Harold to me.. Very slow cue action and not very great long potting. Wasn't pretty to watch, but losing 5-4 against Marco Fu is quite a result for him nonetheless.

A shame none of the chinese lads got through!
      Yes, I've expected a few of them to go through, but it looks like their best players are already on the Tour.

Comment

So China players failed this try....
        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

and the oscar and a big thank you goes to... april madness and leeroy for keeping me updated on today's results. glad ricky won today. gotta keep it up tho.

Comment

All Chinese players fail this time, although it is worth noting that some of them made it to the last game before they lost 5-4.
            Now, I imagine all Chinese fans are keeping their eyes on Ding, I hope they are not putting too much expectation pressure on him.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by rivercard View Post
              Yes, I've expected a few of them to go through, but it looks like their best players are already on the Tour.
              To be fair all of the qualifiers up against the wildcards have all had good seasons bar Barry Pinches so it wasn't too surprising. Yu Delu looks the best out of all of them though from what I have seen.
              TSF World Champion 2010
              TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
              BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Just my opinion but when overseas players play in our ranking events like the UK, they should all have to play english amateur wild cards, so if they lose to them it can affect their ranking place. NO... I doubt that would happen somehow.

What is the point of the wildcard round? apart from to take away a players right to actually play his last 32 match which he has qualified for and for that matter paid his tour fees. Its bizarre, Im sorry.

Comment

Originally Posted by leeroygor View Post
                  Just my opinion but when overseas players play in our ranking events like the UK, they should all have to play english amateur wild cards, so if they lose to them it can affect their ranking place. NO... I doubt that would happen somehow.

What is the point of the wildcard round? apart from to take away a players right to actually play his last 32 match which he has qualified for and for that matter paid his tour fees. Its bizarre, Im sorry.
                  The wildcard round doesn't affect the players ranking if they lose. They would gain 1400 points whether they lost in the wildcard round or last 32. The wildcard round gives players from wherever to play proper matches. It isn't as if they have the PIOS or Pro Ticket tours to play in, they get two or three major tournaments a season.
                  TSF World Champion 2010
                  TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                  BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

i know all about the ranking points Alex. what I'm trying to say is why should amateurs be allowed into an event that is open to pros who have paid their fees and earnt their right to be in the last 32. Effectively the guys playing wildcards were back into the Last 64. last year 3 wildcards denied 3 players the right to play for a place in the last 16.

What would happen for argument sake if if we made the lowest 8 ranked players play in the last 32 of the Uk Play 8 top amateurs from wales, scotland, ireland & england. It wouldn't happen because we wouldn't expect it.

Comment

Why would China organize this event if they couldn't advertise some of their young talents and give them a boost?

Comment

Originally Posted by João View Post
                        Why would China organize this event if they couldn't advertise some of their young talents and give them a boost?
                        Exactly, its all about promoting the game overseas. I can understand where Leeroygor is coming from but there is a method in the apparent madness of the WPBSA.

With all the chinese wildcards loosing this year though, it may not give them much of a boost afterall.
                        "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

It might not give that much boost afterall, but it's still important for the chinese players to get some match experience, especially if they decided to play professionally
                          ---

Comment

and live scoring is working so far for today, first frames are won:

0-1 Graeme Dott - Barry Pinches
                            0-1 Stephen Lee - Nigel Bond
                            1-0 Stephen Maguire - Fergal O'Brien
                            1-0 Ken Doherty - Mike Dunn
                            update:
                            1-3 Graeme Dott - Barry Pinches (not looking good for the defending champion)
                            0-2 Stephen Lee - Nigel Bond
                            2-1 Stephen Maguire - Fergal O'Brien
                            2-2 Ken Doherty - Mike Dunn
                            Last edited by snookersfun; 25 March 2008, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Pinches leads Dott 4-1 now - Dott's playing terrible!
                              I Love Snook!

Comment

Originally Posted by kellie-text View Post
                                Dott's playing terrible!
                                His bad season continues...
                                Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X