Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The opening press conference ( tabloid )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by liangwenbo View Post
    Are you living in the jungle?i think everybody in france knows who JET LI is.He rocked france few years ago by his movie,THE KISS OF THE DRAGON.
    I go and start looking for monkeys here in Ain (France )... They probably hide beneath the snow...
    Took me a while to figure out where I had heard the name Jet Li before...
    Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

Great pictures abgemini Thank
      Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
      Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

I think the poster is saying that Jet Li has started an organization called one foundation or somthing like that which is a sponsor or in some way related to the China Open. You can see Ding holding a T shirt with Jet Li in the first pic which shows a blue logo with the number one on it. That could be the logo of what Jet Li represents. Just a wild guess.
        Anyway, very nice press coverage and exposure for the players and the game. I think the Chinese is doing a great job to promote the game. The players are getting lots of attention, they seem to be loving it.
        Ronnie is all dressed in white in one picture being interviewed on TV like a movie star!!!
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I do not think our member Liangwenbo's reply to your earlier query means offensive or impolite at all. It looks more like that he just tries to impress you with the famous Jet Li in a more interesting way. It is a bit surprising that there are still certain people around the globe who do not know about Jet Li. In fact as said he is a true legend of martial art and exceptional actor in this discipline since more than 20 years ago; more importantly during the recent 10 years or so he has also become very successful in Hollywood. He is as big a celebrity as Jacky Chan there. I suppose The China Open organiser did make some kind of effort to have him present at this event.

Originally Posted by Mignon View Post
          Not exactly my kind of movies, sonny.
          On second thought, sonny is not the right word because my son is far more polite than you.

Comment

You would think O'sullivan could have afforded a razor with his Sponsorship Deal.
            "I tried to be patient, but it took too long"

Comment

Thanks for the pics, they're lovely.
              Bad hair day for Ronnie indeed, and Robertson too who looks tired, probably from the flight. You can tell Higgie's laughter is heartfelt. Murphy has lost some more weight I think, Davis is impeccable and Ebdon looks more like an old friend of mine every day! And of course I loved that first Hendo pic!

I googled the One Foundation, apparently it's a Jet Li fundraising project. The money raised is deposited directly into the account of the Red Cross Society of China. I suppose the project is promoted during the Open.

Btw, I know who Jet Li is but that doesn't mean I have followed his work and I think fans should never take such things for granted. And sometimes excessive enthusiasm comes out the wrong way...
              Last edited by Nina; 24 March 2008, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X