Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China Open 2010 - Qualifiers Discussions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 qualifying matches won in a row for Tony!
    6 with 5-2 score
    and Wattana is through too yay
    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Omehenk View Post
      Is it still possible that they give Wenbo a wildcard?
      Nope that would be stupid
      they must give wildcards for unknown players dont they?
      Last edited by missneworleans; 5 February 2010, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Stevens might be an overrated player but nevertheless Flemish Haneveer peformed very well : a 5 - 2 win !
        I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

• Matthew is out and Jamie looks like through-with Waldo and Wenbo he has a chance to be at top16

Comment

• Yeh Well done James be great to see him play on tv again along with Tony. shame he beat Joe though one of my fav Players and could have cost him his top 32 place, Also a 5-1 for Rdory Mcleod over Dave Harlod and Matthew Steven's Just lost to Bjorn Haneveer probably cost matthew a return to the top 16 for next season, also Mark Davis thrtough 5-2 against Stuart Bingham Roonie for Mark Davis next all the lowest seeds have won this afternoon and also 3 from rd 1 of the qualifiers to
            Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
              Match 57 – Stuart Bingham 2-2 Mark Davis
              1-120(60), 1-92(92), 83(54)-35, 98(98)-0

Match 58 – Joe Swail 1-3 James Wattana
              9-85(55), 5-69(51), 19-65, 73-59

Match 59 – Stephen Lee 2-2 Tony Drago
              67-64(55), 54-71(65), 1-122(122), 78(77)-1

Match 60 – Dave Harold 1-2 Rory McLeod
              25-101(76), 72(63)-5, 1-77(64)

Match 61 – Nigel Bond 0-2 Adrian Gunnell
              38-57

Match 62 – Matthew Stevens 1-3 Bjorn Haneveer
              11-119(94), 35-57, 21-65, 118(117)-0

Match 63 – Jamie Cope 1-3 Jamie Burnett
              54-57, 9-81, 66-68

Match 64 – Fergal O'Brien 1-2 Sam Baird
              44-75, 65-1, 25-71

Mr P - PLEASE DO NOT cut and paste content from Global Snooker website. Provide a link to the site if you want people to see the information.
              Janie Watkins
              On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
              All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

• Sorry about that, globalsnooker, I didn't really think it mattered though.

Comment

• So Drago on telly, again!
                  And Wattana there too to represent Asia (so they shoudn't give a wildcard for him then ).

About wildcards - so some of the qualifiers are going to face wildcards initially, right? It means not a guaranteed R1 match, isn't that a little unfair! Hope Tony does not crash out in that one now

& off-topic: wondering how is he travelling back to Malta, if he doesn't like to fly? boat everytime?
                  Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest.

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

• So Drago on telly, again!
                    Well, the televised stage doesn't always mean there will be a camera rolling at every table, but lets hope so.

About wildcards - so some of the qualifiers are going to face wildcards initially, right? It means not a guaranteed R1 match, isn't that a little unfair!
                    Yes, the six lowest ranked qualifiers will have to play against a Chinese wild-card, and as a "newcomer" on the Tour, Tony will be one of them (along with Haneveer, Lawler, Wattana, Milkins and Dunn I think).

wondering how is he travelling back to Malta, if he doesn't like to fly? boat everytime?
                    I think Tony lives in London, in fact I think he moved to England after turning pro.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rivercard View Post
                      Well, the televised stage doesn't always mean there will be a camera rolling at every table, but lets hope so.

Yes, the six lowest ranked qualifiers will have to play against a Chinese wild-card, and as a "newcomer" on the Tour, Tony will be one of them (along with Haneveer, Lawler, Wattana, Milkins and Dunn I think).
                      Got me there, not all the tables are televised.. It was lucky that Tony played a welshman in Wales Open, probably.
                      But maybe then they will be interested in showing wildcard rounds on telly since chinese guys will be playing in those?
                      At least that...

And maybe Tony will get his game sharpened in wildcard round for the match against Perry

Originally Posted by rivercard View Post
                      I think Tony lives in London, in fact I think he moved to England after turning pro.
                      Well then if it's just 1 or 2 times per year, why not a boat, of course... Anyways, anyone coming from an island has no choice but to take quite some planes in their life.
                      (Not that planes are generally that easy to avoid these days.)
                      Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest.

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wim View Post
                        Stevens might be an overrated player but nevertheless Flemish Haneveer peformed very well : a 5 - 2 win !
                        Dont think he,s over rated muck , just suffering with his form for a while like most players do . He,s a top player and will bounce back mark my words .

Comment

Working...
                        X