Where's Ronnie in this tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Ronnie in this tournament?

I've had my head in the sand as far as snooker is concerned but i just caught the end of Selby's game on Eurosport and noticed Sullivan isn't in the top 16, where is he?

Originally Posted by niceday3 View Post
    I've had my head in the sand as far as snooker is concerned but i just caught the end of Selby's game on Eurosport and noticed Sullivan isn't in the top 16, where is he?
    out. lost in round 1.
    Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
    http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

On the Plane Home!........

Ronnie should be Banned for the Rest of the Season!!.....Delibrately Missed Black to go 4-4 Against Tian who Lost Today to Mark King!

Ronnie Played the Black in Such a Way I have never seen before!

Comment

Could someone provide a video of the game as I missed the whole lot and I would love to see how he played the shot.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
          On the Plane Home!........

Ronnie should be Banned for the Rest of the Season!!.....Delibrately Missed Black to go 4-4 Against Tian who Lost Today to Mark King!

Ronnie Played the Black in Such a Way I have never seen before!
          It was NOT a deliberate miss. That's simply stupid. As I said elsewhere if he wanted to be out and go home he could have missed the long brown, or lost position on blue, pink or black and then miss without triggering questions and debate. He could have lost in a much less blatant way; he had made enough mistakes through the match, no one would have wondered. Why would he have done it THIS way?
          Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
          http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Ron is unpredictable, what makes him special and interesting player. You never know what to expect from him in a next minute on the match.
            2010 China Open number of centuries prediction contest winner!
            2010 China Open Final prediction contest winner!
            2011 Welsh Open fantasy game winner!

Comment

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
              It was NOT a deliberate miss. That's simply stupid. As I said elsewhere if he wanted to be out and go home he could have missed the long brown, or lost position on blue, pink or black and then miss without triggering questions and debate. He could have lost in a much less blatant way; he had made enough mistakes through the match, no one would have wondered. Why would he have done it THIS way?
              That Tian would finally stop giving him those millions of chances to stay in the match!
              Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest.

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

Correct........Tian gave him so so Many Chances made them Both Look Stupid.

If Ronnie would have Played anybody else he would have been going Homes Hours Before!

No Ronnies Head went just before the Black and Played it like....I dont Care if this Goes in or Not?....Hopefully Not.

There is No Other explaination for it, I have been playing 30+yrs and do know alittle, And I have never seen a Shot Taken like it?

Why not Punch it in etc.....He could have Played with the Butt and Potted that!....If he Wanted to Pot it....Which He Didn't.

Comment

is there any video of him 'deliberately' missing the black? am eager to see.
                  JRobbins.
                  Been Playing Since: December 2009
                  Highest Break: 67
                  ALL HAIL THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER.

Comment

I saw it live, and I've got to give Gazza my complete support! He deliberately missed the black. Why on this earth would anybody play the shot like that otherwise? He could have punched it in or very nearly blown it in from where he was standing.

The only other excuse is, is that he was playing to the crowd. There had been a lot of oooing & arring going on and maybe he liked it? But this is a professional sport and should be played seriously. If somebody was to come along now and say there had been serious betting going on in favor of the Chinese lad (Tian) then Ronnie would have some serious trouble on his hands!

A six month ban should follow this! Maybe that's a bit harsh but that would teach him and others a lesson!
                    Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Originally Posted by JRobbins View Post
                      is there any video of him 'deliberately' missing the black? am eager to see.
                      just found the link
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjgU0J7QQg4

edit: im not too sure if he played this to miss it.
                      like someone else said, he could have found a different time to mess up on purpose without it being obvious.
                      Last edited by WeBz; 1 April 2010, 06:09 PM.
                      If practice makes perfect, and no one's perfect, then why practice?

Comment

I wouldn't like to say it was a deliberate miss. Just one of those things. It has happened to most of us at some time.
                        :snooker:

Comment

It wasnt deliberately but nobody in the top 16 will play that black like he did
                          2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                          2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

I think you mean nobody in the top 500! LOL
                            Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

None of the top 16 conker players would have either .

Comment

Working...
                              X