Fu V Greene (GP 2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by samasnookerfan
    I couldn't believe that they have wrestling as well.
    God, that must be distracting for the players! I was wondering what the hell that slow drumming was.
    yeah, when the wrestlers are introduced, theres very loud music can be heard.....not great for a semi-final snooker event next door

Comment

the end of the fifth frame - some great shots from both players! 3-2 to Greene now.
      ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Two strong pots (pink and black) by Greene there
        Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

Originally Posted by Maija
          Two strong pots (pink and black) by Greene there
          the one by Marco when he potted the last red in the yellow pocket when cueball was tight on the end cushion was great too
          ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Come on Marco - a dream final against ROS would be the max !!!
            I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

Originally Posted by hegeland
              On paper I think Fu has the slight upperhand having reached the latter stages of tournaments on a couple of occasions. That being said, it's just impossible to draw a winner in these short matches. It can go either way.

I'm hoping for a slow, defensive, late-night-finish kind of match. It would be a good contrast to the high-flying, quick-break-buildning match of this afternoon.
              Well I got what I wanted. Both Fu and Greene missed quite a few shots but still a good, thrilling match. Too tired to elaborate.

Comment

Originally Posted by attilahun
                I'll answer first
                I think Fu will win it but it will be a very close match, because Greene is playing good snooker as well.
                As for the match i believe it will be a long one with many breaks under 50 and a few over that number.
                But it should be a tense game between them.

As i predicted it was a very tense and long game (over 4 hours) . There were only 4 breaks over 50 points, and only one century break.
                "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

Originally Posted by hegeland
                  Well I got what I wanted. Both Fu and Greene missed quite a few shots but still a good, thrilling match. Too tired to elaborate.
                  it was indeed thrilling hegeland.

as steve (and clive) suggested in commentary......matches are gripping when thers so much at stake and players are missing tap-ins one minute, then pulling out frame winners the next, only to miss a tap-in a minute later.

i really enjoyed the flowing snooker of ROS and Smurfy in the daytime, but was glued to my seat watching that last night.

glad Marco won. great guy, and solid player over the years.....hope he plays like his match V Higgy to keep himself satisfied

Comment

Didn't watch the match (rugby), but I'm very pleased for Marco, I've always liked him. Not sure how he'll fare today though. He'll obviously play his best, but, unfortunately, it could come down to which Ronnie turns up.

On another note, I'm pleased because it gives me a perfect prediction . If only I'd decided to go for 6-5 over 6-4 in the ROS-Murphy match I'd have two! Never mind.
                    2010 Crucible Contest Champion

"This young man is hoping to win the most game's most coveted trifle"
                    MC Richard Beare on Graeme Dott, 2006

Comment

I felt sorry for Gerard Greene although I wanted Fu to win as you could see how badly he wanted it. The black to make it 5-5 was fantastic and hopefully the semi final will spur him on to try and recreate his form in other tournaments. As for Fu he always makes me laugh the way he sort of glides around the table when he walks between shots.
                      TSF World Champion 2010
                      TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                      BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Working...
                      X