Grand Prix 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Prix 2009

Has anyone any news about the venue for this event.
    I have been told it will be in Glasgow but there is still no confirmation of the venue.
    Regards Roy Bacon

I believe that it will be at the Kelvin Hall. Someone mentioned it in another thread and Janie Watkins said it on her Twitter page.
    sigpic
    http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Is the Kelvin Hall near Glasgow centre does anyone know? Will be time to look for hotels etc soon!
      I Love Snook!

Comment

Appears to be reasonably central.
        sigpic
        http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Yes the Kelvin Hall is IN Glasgow. Next to the motor museum,and opposite the Kelvin Art Gallery which is a must for visitors and has a fantastic cafe .
          Roy Bacon

Comment

Originally Posted by roykay View Post
            Yes the Kelvin Hall is IN Glasgow. Next to the motor museum,and opposite the Kelvin Art Gallery which is a must for visitors and has a fantastic cafe .
            Roy Bacon
            Is this YOUR cafe Roy hence the glowing review

I see your in Glasgow will you be going? I hope to be.
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
            Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Not my cafe but I went to the gallery when I first moved here 3 years ago and fancied a bite. It was 5 star as cafe's go.
              Regards Roy Bacon

Comment

I will be there probably with Ronnie.
                Roy

Comment

I will be there probably with Ronnie.
                  Roy
                  Sorry have I missed something?

Your personal friends with Ronnie O'Sullivan?
                  Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                  Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Yes,dont you think he has friends?

Comment

any infos about the price money?

Comment

Has anyone attending received their tickets yet? I ordered mine weeks ago and nothing yet!
                        “There are a lot of good players capable of winning the title but as long as I’m still in it they’ve got a headache.” Stephen Hendry

Comment

Hiya guys just need a bit of help any of you guys purchased tickets on 110 sport i purchased a ticket last night so i could watch the liang wenbo match just gone on my account on 110 sport and cant see any confirmation on there that i have any tickets?
                          any ideas please also any email adress i could contact 110 sport with please thnks

Comment

it was 5 star as cafe's go.

+

i will be there probably with ronnie.
                            =

=o)

Noel

Comment

Ok, with the qulifiers over, here are the five matches that I'm most looking forward to this time:

Mark Selby v. Ken Doherty

Doesn't get better than that in 1st rounds. I think the last time they played was the SF of the 2008 Masters, and what a great match that was. Selby is miles ahead in the rankings now, but he won't be an overwhelming favourite, with him going out in the 1st round in Shanghai, and Doherty in reasonable form. I can see this one being close.

Ding Junhui v. Matthew Stevens

They met in the Welsh Open last season with Ding winning 5-3. I liked what I saw of Ding in Shanghai, he showed some good form. Stevens opened the season pretty well too, so I think this could be a high quality match.

Ryan Day v. Jamie Cope

Day seems to draw Allen and Cope a lot. I think Cope suits him better though. They played in the QF of last year's Grand Prix, where Day won 5-1. They also played in the China Open, where Day won 5-2. That should give him an edge, although Cope might be up for it this time. He knows he can play a best of 25 against an in-form John Higgins, and if that doesn't give you confidence, nothing will.

Peter Ebdon v. Liang Wenbo

I'd love to know what Ebdon thinks of this draw. Hopefully, we'll see this on TV. Liang trashed him the last two times they played, and we know he's in good form at the moment. But I wouldn't put it past Ebdon to play some good snooker in this match. He's played some of his best stuff as the underdog in the past.

Mark King v. Ricky Walden

Interesting they should meet again. King was the only top16 player Walden could have drawn in Shanghai as the 1st seed. Now King is the seeded player, and ironically, he's one of the best possible draws for Walden. I can see this being a bit of a grudge match. I'm sure King will want some payback, but I'd put Walden a slight favourite.

Another good thing about this draw is that most of the toughest qualifiers have drawn the "middle part" of the top16, while the very top players will be huge favourites in their matches. If they get through, we could get some great matches as early as the 2nd round.

Comment

Working...
                              X