Grand Prix 2009 - Most Disappointing Player So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Prix 2009 - Most Disappointing Player So Far

I voted for the same one most of the Players would themselves... THE TABLES!

=o(

Noel

And what specifically is bothering you?

I much prefer them to the "bucket tables".

Comment

The audience! Hands down.
      Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
      http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
        The audience! Hands down.
        Totally agreed.. They just watch their home players, and even in the same session, they barely have people on the other side.. If John pulled out of tournament for some reason, I doubt there would have been any tickets sold..
        All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Yes, Monique, does not seem to have lots of people there in the seats...
          Now that Ronnie is out, may be it will get worst????
          Good thing we know Ding will draw a big crowd in China staying up all night watching TV, but if he lost to Maguire...
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            And what specifically is bothering you?
            This my friend...

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...4&postcount=15

=o(

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
              Totally agreed.. They just watch their home players, and even in the same session, they barely have people on the other side.. If John pulled out of tournament for some reason, I doubt there would have been any tickets sold..
              Yes and if he was to lose tomorrow - which I'm not wishing him - I'm afraid the week-end would turn into an economical disaster for the venue's managers. Unlikely then they repeat the experience.

Comment

two words - guild hall

Comment

I prefer them to the table they had in the world championship where the pockets had the gravitational pull of black holes.

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
                    There was nothing to do, even I realized the incredible bouncing speed at first sight, but apart from that I think the table conditions improved day by day..
                    All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Yes, I remember that bounce noel. The Stevens-Ding match might have gone the other way had it not happened. There were a couple of kicks as well, but probably fewer than usual. I'll wait until the end of the week to give my final verdict on the tables.

As for the audience, disappointing indeed. But the final is supposed to be sold out, with the SFs looking good as well. But it certainly won't look good if Peter Ebdon plays Joe Perry in an empty arena in the QF, for instance. Let's hope for the best.

Comment

Is it me, or is this the worst tournament in a good while?

Comment

Originally Posted by visionaire View Post
                          Is it me, or is this the worst tournament in a good while?

which player do you support ?
                          Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by superaussie View Post
                            which player do you support ?
                            It doesn't really matter. The audience is pathetic and the overall standard is far from great. Of course some matches were good (and I will even say some that were'nt that good were still highly entertaining) but unfortunately most of them happened in front of a very meagre audience in a gloomy atmosphere. This must be hard to take for the players.

Comment

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
                              It doesn't really matter. The audience is pathetic and the overall standard is far from great. Of course some matches were good (and I will even say some that were'nt that good were still highly entertaining) but unfortunately most of them happened in front of a very meagre audience in a gloomy atmosphere. This must be hard to take for the players.
                              i think sometimes though some people who support a player who loses may say its a rubbish evnt i know i have done that in the past when robbo has lost
                              Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X