Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Prix 2009 - Semi-Final Discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Prix 2009 - Semi-Final Discussion!

13:00

John Higgins v. Neil Robertson

19:30

Mark Williams v. Ding Junhui

Two mouthwatering matches in store today.

Discuss..
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

higgins is favourite but i really hope robbo can win and reach another ranking final

Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

this is what is all about a cracking match and a very good crowd have come to see their local hero.

i think this one could go all the way and i hope it does

Comment

For me, this is one of the best SF lineups in recent times, considering the class of the players involved, and their current form. Can anyone remember when the last time was, when all four semi-finalists had won at least three ranking events?

After the 1st round, I called a Higgins-Williams final, if they avoided each other in the draw. Since then other contenders have emerged, but I won't be that wrong, even if they end up as the beaten semi-finalists.

John Higgins v. Neil Robertson:

Robertson won't be afraid of Higgins, he's beaten him before in similar circumstances, last season's Welsh Open springs to mind. But this time, Higgins won't be relying only on his general class and experience, he can count on a bit of form as well. Their quality of play has been similar, but I'll go for Higgins here.

Mark Williams v. Ding Junhui:

After being 2-4 down against Stevens, Ding hasn't done much wrong in the tournament. He was very impressive against Maguire and Ebdon, and his attitude has been superb. I think he's here to win the title this week, and is favourite for me at this point. Can Mark Williams stop him? He beat him in the 2006 China Open, when they were both playing similarly well. Williams took a couple of minutes for a couple of 70 breaks yesterday, and if he can find that kind of form today, and hold it for the entire match, he'll be hard to beat as well. This one should be close, but I'll go for Ding.

I hope everyone enjoys it as mush as I know I will.

Comment

Great start from Robertson, flawless break. But Higgins won't be fazed by this, he had a similar start against O'Sullivan, a total clearance scored against him.

Comment

Excellent start from Neil.
            sigpic
            http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

just the start Neil was looking for..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Perfect response from John, this is living up to the billing so far.
                sigpic
                http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

good stuff from both players..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Great stuff so far.

A very well crafted "Ebdon-like" break from Robertson in the 3rd frame. I'm enjoying this.

Comment

this is really good from Robertson..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Long pot start of 4th frame break for John very poor.
                        He missed his shape on black by at least 2mm.

=o\

Noel

Comment

unreal match so far john with a 100% pot success and hes the one making it 2-2!

Comment

I really wonder how long can Robertson stay with Higgins if John continues to play like this
                            All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Awesome stuff, this could have been the final.

Comment

Working...
                              X