No announcement yet.

Malta Cup – Results and Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew as soon as I had said that about Hendry you'd make me eat my words one day!

But I admit, I am, on a few exceptional occasions, wrong about something.

Comment

• Originally Posted by hegeland
      I knew as soon as I had said that about Hendry you'd make me eat my words one day!

But I admit, I am, on a few exceptional occasions, wrong about something.
      I agree with your comments about Ryan Day though!

He tends to address the cueball quite low and then raise his tip before striking the cueball which I don't think is a great sign.

I think he's a good aggressive player but for some reason I don't rate him in the Ding Junhui,MAguire or Murphy bracket.

I think he'll get into the top 16 one season but whether he remains there consistently I'm not so sure.

Comment

• There's Ebdon, wants to go to 2-0 lead... but at 56-35 Day at table and pots red
        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Aggrolite
          Ebdon or Day, as long as they beat Murphy, i'm happy.
          I’ve been to several snooker forums before and saw many people don’t like Murphy(including me). Was just curious if there’s the same reason for everybody?.. is it the same here?..
          Sport can be boring when it's perfect (c)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bre
            I’ve been to several snooker forums before and saw many people don’t like Murphy(including me). Was just curious if there’s the same reason for everybody?.. is it the same here?..
            Top three reasons:

1. Evangilist Christian.

2. Talks to the press in that really trained way that annoys me ("I want revenge on Ebdon"). That's for commentators to fill time with, not for players to say.

3. His outragous smugness.

There's a few more as well. One of maybe only three players i like to see lose.

Comment

Top three reasons:

1. Evangilist Christian.

2. Talks to the press in that really trained way that annoys me ("I want revenge on Ebdon"). That's for commentators to fill time with, not for players to say.

3. His outragous smugness.

There's a few more as well. One of maybe only three players i like to see lose.
              Come on give the boy a break!

He comes across as a real Snooker lover which is great to see.

Okay he's well spoken and a little smug but he said he'd win the world championships when he turned professional and went on to do exactly that......... so give him some credit.

And please don't tell me he had any easy draw in the 2005 worlds like many people think he had.

Comment

• Can someone tell me what happened in that 4th frame with Ebdon and Day? I was watching but didn`t have the sound.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tomy_lee
                  Can someone tell me what happened in that 4th frame with Ebdon and Day? I was watching but didn`t have the sound.
                  Don't know what happened.

Was there a dodgy free ball decision against Ebdon???

The commentator just mentioned something in the last frame???

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stunrunthru
                    Don't know what happened.

Was there a dodgy free ball decision against Ebdon???

The commentator just mentioned something in the last frame???
                    I wouldn't say dodgy so much as disputed. It was impossible to tell from the TV cameras whether the call was good or not.

The white was up near the green pocket, red down to the left of the black spot with the blue on it's spot the problem ball, an extremely tight call obviously as Jan had another couple of reds on the table to help him make the decision. His first instinct was no free ball, Ebdon kept questioning him but eventually accepted it. Ebdon was then faced with a difficult safety and immediately stuck the red up and lost. He hasn't quite been the same since.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Robert602
                      I wouldn't say dodgy so much as disputed. It was impossible to tell from the TV cameras whether the call was good or not.

The white was up near the green pocket, red down to the left of the black spot with the blue on it's spot the problem ball, an extremely tight call obviously as Jan had another couple of reds on the table to help him make the decision. His first instinct was no free ball, Ebdon kept questioning him but eventually accepted it. Ebdon was then faced with a difficult safety and immediately stuck the red up and lost. He hasn't quite been the same since.
                      I'm surprised that Ebdon appears to have let that get tohim.

I don't think Ebdon helps himself with his steady style of play. He can score as well as anyone and I think he'smuch more dangerous when he plays quicker and aggressively.

Anyway the match is still wide open. At 4-2 to Day I think it's anyone's game.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tomy_lee
                        Can someone tell me what happened in that 4th frame with Ebdon and Day? I was watching but didn`t have the sound.
                        It wasn't clear for Ebdon that there's no snooker there. Since it was after Day's foul it was the issue of having a free ball. Ebdon insisted it was snooker and Verhaas put two additional reds to prove it wasn't.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stunrunthru
                          I'm surprised that Ebdon appears to have let that get tohim.

I don't think Ebdon helps himself with his steady style of play. He can score as well as anyone and I think he'smuch more dangerous when he plays quicker and aggressively.

Anyway the match is still wide open. At 4-2 to Day I think it's anyone's game.
                          Ebdon said he's below his best. I guess he's sick 'cause he coughs all the time...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bre
                            Ebdon said he's below his best. I guess he's sick 'cause he coughs all the time...
                            Has he been out for a meal with Stephen Hendry the other night????????

Comment

• I can't believe Ryan missed that pink all together. I saw him doing that earlier this week, just hitting the ball softly when his the other guy needed a snooker. Looks like he's gonna regret that.

Comment

I can't believe Ryan missed that pink all together. I saw him doing that earlier this week, just hitting the ball softly when his the other guy needed a snooker. Looks like he's gonna regret that.
                                Could that be a turning point in the match????

Comment

Working...
                                X