Hendry at his best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendry at his best

How good is Hendry at his best, is he beatable? Also how many frames are there in the final?
    "Am too good not to win this tournament" - Stephen Hendry

Final is best-of-17.

Hendry was almost unbeatable in the 90's. He's extremely talented, works hard on the practice table and deserves every success he gets.

He played very well today and i really think this could be his week.

Just watched Ebdon's match tonight and he also played very well to beat Maguire 5-2 and he will also be tough to beat.

Should be a good last few days in Malta!
    I Love Snook!

Comment

is hendry unbeatable at his best?
      "Am too good not to win this tournament" - Stephen Hendry

Comment

I would personally say no. [EDIT: that should say 'yes' ]

Primarily, no player can be 'unbeatable', because on a bad day, anyone can be beaten and there's no player who plays to a standard where they pot every ball from any position.

Secondly, from a more realistic point of view, when there's O'Sullivan, Ding and Higgins around (all of whom are now out), and to a certain extent, Ebdon, I personally think Hendry can be beaten.
        Boris for PM!

Comment

Well, i'd say if he's playing one other the other top 5 of all time it's hard to predict a winner.

Results wise, no question, best of all time. But when him and people like John Higgins, Ronnie, Davis, Williams (in a different way i suppose) are at their very, very best, i think it'd be more a case of pot a long red and clear up, something Hendry did regulary in 90's, and something the other 4 players can/have done as well.

Comment

i think hendry has a balaced face to face record against higgins and o'sullivan, but defitely a poor record against williams, of course before those three came along, he was winning "everything", after the emergence of those three, hendry still competed with them, and certainly won his share due to his consistency and dedication...

Comment

Originally Posted by gensdon
              i think hendry has a balaced face to face record against higgins and o'sullivan, but defitely a poor record against williams, of course before those three came along, he was winning "everything", after the emergence of those three, hendry still competed with them, and certainly won his share due to his consistency and dedication...
              Every time Hendry and Higgins play they both seem to play scrappy snooker,,,,Hendry has said that he likes to play Higgo and O'Sullivan, and now Ding because they all play such perfect snooker.
              2010 World Open Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

Working...
              X