No announcement yet.

Masters 2008 Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My congratulations Mark! This is a well-earned victory!
    I pleased,lucky and take pride this remarkable player!

Comment

• wot a tourney, luved every second of it. very much worth the money and all the travelling

Comment

• Way to go! I couldnt of been more pleased with the winner unless Ronnie 'd won it!
        Was about time Mark lifted a trophy ! Congrats to him , well deserved victory!
        "I just want to live for the moment.Tomorrow's not important, next month is not important,what's happened in the past is not important.That's my journey... and I like the journey i'm on!" R.O'Sullivan
        Winner of 2008 UK Championship Prediction Contest
        Winner of 2010 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

• So not only did Selby knock out my favourite player but he denied him the £10,000 cheque for highest break!!

Had it been any other player I might have minded but as it's Mark and he's a lovely bloke I will forgive him this time

Congratulations Mark! A job well done.
          "The five S’s of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit;
          but the greatest of these is Spirit." Ken Doherty

Comment

• Originally Posted by Black_cat View Post
            And a "kind" word to the ultimate twits from either the BBC or the Eurosport responsible for ruining the tradition of showing the last frame of the previous final during the last interval:
            I guess, maybe they didn't show it because of how Ding was treated last year... I remember the audience wasn't very kind to him...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ellena View Post
              Way to go! I couldnt of been more pleased with the winner unless Ronnie 'd won it!
              Was about time Mark lifted a trophy ! Congrats to him , well deserved victory!
              I can't be the only one who has a dislike for people who talk to the camera in a David Brent manner. More than than twice over the weekend he commented; "I'm only 24, so...", "Yeah I definitely played some fantastic snooker and been in the game so long I feel like I'm 40."

Comment

• Originally Posted by kirkwuk View Post
                I can't be the only one who has a dislike for people who talk to the camera in a David Brent manner. More than than twice over the weekend he commented; "I'm only 24, so...", "Yeah I definitely played some fantastic snooker and been in the game so long I feel like I'm 40."
                Are you saying that because of this he didn't deserve to win?

Again I think people concentrate too much on what happens off the table than they do about what happens on it. I think it was an excellent display of snooker. In fact the whole tournament was exciting to watch.

Personally I like Mark's attitude and sense of fun that he brings to the game. A breath of fresh air in my opinion.
                "The five S’s of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit;

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stella147 View Post
                  Are you saying that because of this he didn't deserve to win?

Again I think people concentrate too much on what happens off the table than they do about what happens on it. I think it was an excellent display of snooker. In fact the whole tournament was exciting to watch.

Personally I like Mark's attitude and sense of fun that he brings to the game. A breath of fresh air in my opinion.
                  If the attitude of an arrogant 24 year old floats your boat, so be it.

Selby is an annoyance around the cameras. Sticking your tongue out every time a camera is near him and gloating because he won the championship is not the most professional of players. Ronnie does his fare share of using charisma in his matches, but he knows when and does it sparingly, not every two shots.

I don't know if Selby deserved to win. His opponent, Stephen Lee was unhappy with the conditions in the arena and wasn't playing very well. Selby had an easy ride.

Comment

• Originally Posted by kirkwuk View Post
                    Selby had an easy ride.
                    Well at least YOU have a sense of humour

Comment

• Well done Mark , even shared high break prize in last frame of tournament! Wonderful!
                      2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                      2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• well done Mark!!!

his final session was brilliant...3 centuries in 4 games...now that's something
                        though when i saw Mark last year and i didn't like him at all...now i've completely chance my opinion.

he has great break-building techniques and his safety isn't bad either..i can bet that in the next 3-4 years he's be the next world champion

Comment

• Originally Posted by abextra View Post
                          I guess, maybe they didn't show it because of how Ding was treated last year... I remember the audience wasn't very kind to him...
                          I thought about it, too, abextra, and you're right in that respect but still: it's turned into a tradition already. They could have made a montage and eliminated those embarrassing moments.
                          Showing the last frame of the previous final is something I particularly enjoy every time, even if it doesn't involve RO'S.
                          Guesss what they showed instead: last frame of the Malta Cup, because it's the next one in the schedule. Lame. What will they choose when MC is on then?
                          Gr.
                          Last edited by Black_cat; 21 January 2008, 05:51 PM.
                          S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

• Take it easy, Black_cat... ... showing the last year's final frame is a great tradition, sure they will continue that... ... I hope...

Comment

• That 141 break is Selby's personal highest break, isn't it?

Having been there for the last weekend I must say that I enjoyed the tournament very much. But I found it REALLY annoying that the audience was allowed to eat and drink during the matches. It seems to me that I had always someone sitting next to me who was crackling with a bag of crips.
                              And how I missed those old comfy seats of the Conference Centre!

Comment

Working...
                              X