VOTE: Shot of the Masters 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOTE: Shot of the Masters 2009

As promised, you can now vote for the Shot of the Tournament.

Noel, it was with a heavy heart as you were the first one to nominate, but flukes should not be included IMO. Mark´s shot was therefore eliminated. I have doubts about the second shot of Neil, but I have decided to believe hege, that it had been planned.

Scottley, your change was noticed, but given the number of entrants, I included both of your tips. However, if you were so kind and found a video of that particular shot, please post the link here or PM me, so I could edit this post. I am too tired to look for it myself. I would ask the same of Odrl (alas, if the actual frame is somewhere to be found).

And a quick note to everyone. "Other" option will not be included as you had enough time to nominate.

Nominees:

• Ali Carter - 2 cushion red
    0:08 - 0:18

• Neil Robertson - 147 "super screw" attempt
    8:54 - 9:16

• Neil Robertson - unbelievable double
    8:56 - 9:14

• John Higgins - 4 cushion positional shot
    5:50 - 6:20

• Mark Selby - classy brown
    TBA

• Ali Carter - safety red
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    How about Carter's safety shot against Ebdon, where he hit the red very thick, and got back to baulk in a straight line off the black cushion?
    Ali Carter - 2 cushion red
    26.19%
    Neil Robertson - 147 "super screw" attempt
    30.95%
    Neil Robertson - unbelievable double
    4.76%
    John Higgins - 4 cushion positional shot
    16.67%
    Mark Selby - classy brown
    19.05%
    Ali Carter - safety red
    2.38%
    Last edited by mushka; 20 January 2009, 06:22 PM.
    Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
    2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Originally Posted by mushka View Post
    I would ask the same of Odrl (alas, if the actual frame is somewhere to be found).
    I can't find any footage of it, sorry.

Comment

I would have also included the side spin cushion ball on the red from Ronnie.

so I m going to vote with Ali's 2 chushion red.

Comment

Voted for Selby's classy brown.

Robertson's screw shot is impressive too, but it's not a successfull one. He does fail to get on the black properly.
        2008-09 Prediction Champion

Comment

Originally Posted by Migtsf View Post
          Voted for Selby's classy brown.

Robertson's screw shot is impressive too, but it's not a successfull one. He does fail to get on the black properly.
          I have to politely disagree. He over hit it, and from the position he had that's just amazing. Also, he had a good shot on the black, one he would usually get if he weren't under so much pressure going for the 147. In practice Robertson would get the cut on the black 9 out of 10. I don't think you can really call that screw back Unsuccessful.
          sigpic

Comment

I have been keeping an eye on the voting and given the fact it had been couple of days since the last vote, I officially declare Ali Carter winner of TSF Best Shot of Masters Competition. :snooker:

Edit: Would it be possible for a mod to close the voting, please?
            Last edited by mushka; 27 January 2009, 12:57 PM. Reason: request to mod
            Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman

Comment

Stephen Maguire in the last freame with Niel has potted nicely black.

Comment

Awesome, everyone starts voting now.

Comment

Originally Posted by mushka View Post
                  Awesome, everyone starts voting now.
                  lol, yeah we had forgot it. so many new threads and posts nowadays that some just drown in it

Comment

I don't want to sound better than what I am...but even though Neil Robertson's shot was great, I tried it at the club and if you have a fast enough table, it is possible and I can do it. To do it on the first try is a little tough but after a few goes it isn't so tough for players with a good cue action.

I hope I'm not sounding 'big-headed'!

P.S - I realised it wasn't in the lists, I am talking about the brown with check side off 4 cushions.

Comment

Surely you don't sound big-headed, as a fact, I also made that shot a couple of days ago...

I went for the John Higgings shot!
                      WVandeweyer Photography - Trevor White Cues Photo Collection (site)

Comment

Well, what I am supposed to do now?

I think I shall give you more time to get the correct result.
                        Would save me the trouble of trying to think up a solution that would be both fair and at the same time wouldn´t jeopardise my credibilty by announcing a new winner.

In the end, I think I will just up this thread to make sure everyone who wishes actually votes and doesn´t miss this thread.
                        If I were to declare a shared first place and then couple of you felt like John Higgins or Mark Selby could feel left out and deserve to join the fun and you started voting for them, I would have to personally struggle you.
                        Last edited by mushka; 30 January 2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Ok, it's only fair that I vote for the last shot, since it was me who mentioned it in the first place.

Comment

After an unexpectedly prolonged voting period the new winner is Neil Robertson.
                            As it would be cruel to snatch a prize from a once declared winner, the boys can share the TSF imaginary first place trophy, as far as I am concerned.

Note to myself: Set up the date of closure of poll voting the next time, for heaven´s sake.
                            Last edited by mushka; 8 February 2009, 06:24 PM.

Comment

the robertson's double i think is a fluke anyway. i think he intended to leave the red in the baulk and bring the cueball near the black, i think he hit too good...

Comment

Working...
                              X