Ronnie abusing selby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie abusing selby

Chaps, I was watching this last night (and recording it at the same time in case I fell asleep) and I have to say, I'm glad I did.

I was intersted in what Ronnie said to Mark at the end of the 18th frame after he'd missed that ong yellow into the yellow pocket and was fortunate to leave Mark snookered... so I rewound it and played it again several times with the volume turned RIGHT up.

Have to say, I'm pretty shocked at what he said. And I've made sure I'm right before posting this as it will be seen as 'controversial'.

Ronnie looked at Mark and said: "How can you moan?" as he was walking back to his seat (which is banter, and absolutely fine). But when he sat down in his seat he clearly said; "f****** c***."

Pretty sad to hear that... Ronnie's experienced enough to know the microphones would pick it up.

Not sure about that...
    Selby really respected Ronnie after that miracle thin shot on the yellow..clapped on the table lots
    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Personally I can believe it. Selby wouldn't have heard the second comment perhaps, I don't know.
      Can you load it onto youtube or something?
      Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

Originally Posted by big gus View Post
        Chaps, I was watching this last night (and recording it at the same time in case I fell asleep) and I have to say, I'm glad I did.

I was intersted in what Ronnie said to Mark at the end of the 18th frame after he'd missed that ong yellow into the yellow pocket and was fortunate to leave Mark snookered... so I rewound it and played it again several times with the volume turned RIGHT up.

Have to say, I'm pretty shocked at what he said. And I've made sure I'm right before posting this as it will be seen as 'controversial'.

Ronnie looked at Mark and said: "How can you moan?" as he was walking back to his seat (which is banter, and absolutely fine). But when he sat down in his seat he clearly said; "f****** c***."

Pretty sad to hear that... Ronnie's experienced enough to know the microphones would pick it up.
        and of course you are certain that this was targeted at Mark Selby and not at himself for missing the yellow? Because the number of time he's been calling himself all sort of names... in words or gestures ... is countless.
        He's been even warned and fined for it. It must be said it was rather explicit!
        Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
        http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Not sure he said to Selby thats for sure...maybe he was just abusing himself??
          2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
          2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Whether it was aimed at Selby or not you can't go around using words/phrases like that within earshot of microphones. I did hear the 'How can you moan?' and I'm not surprised that he said what followed. Selby himself had a bit of luck immediately after when escaping from the snooker on the yellow. If the yellow had stopped a 1/4 inch earlier Ronnie would have been able to control position for green much easier and the result would have been different.
            I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

I would love to see this,can anyone upload it to Youtube or somthing?
              Bring Back Clive!

Comment

Guys, if you have it on Sky+ (or similar) just rewind to the moment in question then turn your volume right up. He clearly says it. It's not ambiguous.

I don't really know how to put things on Youtube (?), however, the match will almost certainly be on there in the next few days. As I say, it isn't personally offensive to me but he's savvy enough to know he's within earshot of the microphones.

Mark definitely wouldn't have heard it. He was sat in his chair with the crowd still shouting/geeing up both players etc after the stroke of luck.

Comment

Guys, if you have it on Sky+ (or similar) just rewind to the moment in question then turn your volume right up. He clearly says it. It's not ambiguous.

I don't really know how to put things on Youtube (?), however, the match will almost certainly be on there in the next few days. As I say, it isn't personally offensive to me but he's savvy enough to know he's within earshot of the microphones.

Mark definitely wouldn't have heard it. He was sat in his chair with the crowd still shouting/geeing up both players etc after the stroke of luck.
                  And again, going by his past, I'd safely bet he was actually cursing himself not Mark. There's be quite a number of times he's branded himself a w*** with gestures to back the mouthing.
                  That does not make it acceptable but at least it's not abusing the opponent. And as I already mentioned he has been warned and fined a few times for it.

Comment

That's a brave bet, Monique. Bearing in mind you haven't seen or heard the footage.

You'd lose your money.

Comment

Disgrace

O`Sullivan is a disgrace to the game. I didn`t realise he had made such comments during the match but I did notice how rude he was to John Parrott in his post match interview and then walking out of the theatre before Selby had received the trophy. He can`t hack it that he was beaten when playing well, (which is why he always slags his own game off). Of course this is not the first time he has disrespected his fellow profesionals remember his comments about Hendry a few years ago at the Crucible. Unfortunately Hearn won`t deal with him as he needs him to put bums on seats.
                      Well done Mark, a great win by a great lad!

Comment

Ronnie was more than likely saying it to himself..
                        Most of us probably do it, i know i do..

Comment

That's a brave bet, Monique. Bearing in mind you haven't seen or heard the footage.

You'd lose your money.
                          I doubt it.
                          And as I said that does not make it acceptable.

Comment

I wouldn't take this incident too seriously. Just banter in the heat of the battle. I think Ronnie and Mark come along quite good actually. Remember Mark complaining aloud Ronnie's so boring some year ago? They two sure produced some top matches in the past few years
                            Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

It's on bbc iplayer, which frame was it ?

Comment

Working...
                              X