Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowest break to win a best of 9 frame match.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowest break to win a best of 9 frame match.

Hello,

Was watching the Andrew Norman versus Joe Perry match where Norman won 5-4. His highest break in the whole match was a 35. Is this a record?

Also what similar records are there for longer matches (best of 19?)?

Thanks Daniel.

Have a look here! (This is Crucible only)

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/showthread-t_1300.html

Comment

PS Milkins's yesterday was only mid-40s!

Comment

I know Andrew Norman a little bit and he is a very good break builder, although i was very suprised to see him play like that it was his first time on the TV and he looked very nervous.

Norman or O'Sullivan to win

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7
          Hello,

Was watching the Andrew Norman versus Joe Perry match where Norman won 5-4. His highest break in the whole match was a 35. Is this a record?

Also what similar records are there for longer matches (best of 19?)?

Thanks Daniel.
          Thanks for the reply Phil.

Do you know in any best of 9 frame match in a ranking torunament what the lowest high break would be by the winning player?? Can anyone rememeber a match where the winner couldn't manage a break above 35 and still win?

Andrew Norman has got Mark Williams in the next round!

Dan.

Comment

The Eddie Charlton-Cliff Wilson first-round match at the Crucible in 1982 is the only instance I know of where the match-winner failed to make a break of 35 – Charlton's highest break was 34.

I know that was a best-of-19 rather than a best-of-9, but if anything I guess that's even more remarkable. (see my link in message 2)

Comment

Working...
            X