Television coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television coverage

Can anyone remember the last time a ranking quarter-final was not televised?

Looking at the schedule, it would appear that only two Belfast quarters are being recorded (one this afternoon and one this evening).

Rather pathetic, methinks.

Agree 100% ...its nearly as bad as the lack of newspaper coverage,the UK Curling team got more attn. than the seasons first ranking tourny.Someone really needs to get their act together before its too late!

Comment

With World Snooker having a deal with the BBC to televise certain events, surely they could at least make it available on interactive coverage. Most people now have this and I'm sure it wouldn't cost the earth to secure rights to coverage even if another TV channel is broadcasting the event. Eurosport has managed to get coverage so why can't the BBC?!!!

Comment

But that still won't solve the problem, since I presume it is the host broadcaster that isn't televising all tables, rather than Eurosport choosing which matches it wants from them. Don't think there are any cameras on the other table.

In the early stages of the tournament it's not ideal, but better than nothing, to have partly televised rounds. But when we get to the quarter-finals it is, in my opinion, unacceptable.

Comment

I believe RTE has the rights to televise the snooker here so I am assuming that is the reason it is not on BBC. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones - I can either turn on the telly and watch it or just head up the road and watch it as it happens
          "The five S’s of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit;
          but the greatest of these is Spirit." Ken Doherty

Comment

Good day Stella. Hope you are enjoying that privilege.

Comment

Loving it Statman. I am assuming you didn't make it over for it?
              There are only cameras on the centre table but if that finishes early they move to another table.
              "The five S’s of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit;
              but the greatest of these is Spirit." Ken Doherty

Comment

Working...
              X