NI Trophy Quarter-finals discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by João View Post
    I'm quite surprised O'Sullivan is still there. He should have been knocked out by Doherty in first place. Really hope he doesn't win the tournament as it would be not deserved at all.
    Not sure i understand why are ya so surprised..The reason he wasnt knocked out by Doherty is that he was the better player in that match and if he plays as good as he played in that match he sure deserves to be in the final and why not win the whole thing.:snooker:
    "I just want to live for the moment.Tomorrow's not important, next month is not important,what's happened in the past is not important.That's my journey... and I like the journey i'm on!" R.O'Sullivan
    Winner of 2008 UK Championship Prediction Contest
    Winner of 2010 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

I'm quite surprised O'Sullivan is still there. He should have been knocked out by Doherty in first place. Really hope he doesn't win the tournament as it would be not deserved at all.
      Thats a pretty harsh comment...think what you will about Ronnie, but in snooker, the player winning is the player deserving it. Its no luck involved. Also, in that particular game, he responded to the situation of being 2-4 down with three fast framewinning breaks, not giving Ken much of a chance. So whats undeserved?

Comment

Originally Posted by toupihiggins View Post
        in the last press conf ronnie said there are 2 players that can beat him now but he only mentioned one ...maybe the second is himself
        i missed that, who did he say they were ?

I guess Maguire was one he mentioned ? How about Marco Fu ?

I bet he didnt mention Fergal O brien
        "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Originally Posted by dannyd0g View Post
          i missed that, who did he say they were ?

I guess Maguire was one he mentioned ? How about Marco Fu ?

I bet he didnt mention Fergal O brien
          He didnt mean it as two specifically. He said something like "there are about two or three people who can beat me when I play my best. John Higgins is definitely one of them." I dont think he had any specifics in mind, although if he did, he probably meant Maguire and Higgins.

Comment

Football is played on goals scored and not on nearly missed opportunities. Ronnie was presented with a chance and he duly took it. Whose fault is it that Barry couldn't take advantage of the dream split of the reds that Ronnie offered him in the decider and gave Ronnie time to regroup after clearly losing the plot? Whose fault is it that Ken took his foot off the gas at 4-2? And whose fault is it that Joe couldn't bring his A-game to the table? Wow, according to some, certainly Ronnie's.
            Any winner is a deserved winner, for he has succeeded in finding that something special to win, be it grittiness, courage, skill, run of the ball or just a little bit of all that.
            S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

Great match last night. Hawkins must be disappointed having thrown away three frames that were almost safe. If he keeps playing this way, I guess he the next player to win a tournament who hasn´t won one yet.
              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
              X