Power Snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
    As much as we enthusiasts love the game and dont want to see the traditional tournaments change , we have to accept thet snooker needs to change with the times and peoples attitude towards it .

We still have the masters, worlds, uk , etc where the formats will be pretty much the same and long may that continue .

Saying that there is room for this type of tourny , with pheraps a bit of tinkering here and there to get it right .

Darts and cricket had to try something different to appeal to a dwindling audience , and snooker has to do the same before it may be too late .
    the Problem with Snooker is when theres a new idea People want to jump on the bandwagon as if they got a Brain Defect. you never see that with other Sports

surely theres room for everything if they done Right.

My problem with Power Snooker is it was Not done right.

it was a license to act like cavemen from the Audience Perspective and the Rules was way over the top from the player and Spectator Angle.

Comment

• Fair comment Jones , but lets take the positives from it and alter the negatives .

Comment

• To be fair i don't think i've ever seen you post a positive comment about any new 'formats' your always whinging you jonesy, and the way you conduct youself at times and sl@g people off for having an opinion stinks sometimes bud....

I'm sure you come here in the hope too find summat too whinge at aye...

Although, i do agree with some of your points at times like, but quit the idiotic posts will ya bud. it makes you look a right idiot at times aye. whinge whinge whinge...

Go on i'm waiting for your reply too slate me jonesy, you know you wanna, cos that's your way int it...

(tongue in cheek)...

Comment

Fair comment Jones , but lets take the positives from it and alter the negatives .
          the problem is its Compared With Snooker but its a cue-sport its not Snooker in the Same way 9 Ball Pool hasn't taken over from snooker when that UK Boom happened Power Snooker wont in the same way.

Positives

ITV Showing Snooker Players
          Trying Something different theres always room for trying things

Negatives

Spectators acting like cavemen
          Rules far to complicated to catch on(9 Ball Pool has caught on in Some Snooker Clubs due to simplicity of it.... Power Snooker Wont)
          ITV Coverage was Poor which disappointed me more than anything

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
            To be fair i don't think i've ever seen you post a positive comment about any new 'formats' your always whinging you jonesy, and the way you conduct youself at times and sl@g people off for having an opinion stinks sometimes bud....

I'm sure you come here in the hope too find summat too whinge at aye...

Although, i do agree with some of your points at times like, but quit the idiotic posts will ya bud. it makes you look a right idiot at times aye. whinge whinge whinge...

Go on i'm waiting for your reply too slate me jonesy, you know you wanna, cos that's your way int it...

(tongue in cheek)...
            sorry but if people are idiots i say it ..

it doesn't offend me im big enough to take it my rules on forums is treat other people as you can be treated yourself and i stand by that so im not going to attack you for being true to yourself and honest.

Comment

• See, you do know how to act 'proper' don't ya really....

(you know i loves ya really)...:snooker:

Comment

• I dont think the intention is for it to take over snooker , but compliment it which with a few changes i,m sure it can do indeed .

There were things i wer,nt keen on , eg , idiots in the crowd , the colour of the cloth , but these can be changed , the powers to be need to get a little feedback from people on the forum and the general public to gauge their thoughts/ideas .

Comment

I dont think the intention is for it to take over snooker , but compliment it which with a few changes i,m sure it can do indeed .

There were things i wer,nt keen on , eg , idiots in the crowd , the colour of the cloth , but these can be changed , the powers to be need to get a little feedback from people on the forum and the general public to gauge their thoughts/ideas .
                  i Thought there was to much enphasis on Clocks aswell.

they might as well have played it in Westminster with Big Ben Keeping time

Shot Clock
                  Match Time Clock
                  Power Play Clock

then Power Zones Double Points being Doubled from the Power Zone

it was a Computer Game played for Real sort of PinBall Wizard type thing.

it needs refining and simplified badly if its tried again.

Comment

• I've watched some Power Snooker for the first time today (the final between Ronnie and Ding) and........holy cr*p, this is sh*te!!
                    I tried to catch up with the rules but it's really tough to get. And spectators acting like cavemen is just too darts-like to my taste. Just ridiculous.

It looks like a American pool game, with all the fuss, the noise.....Another occasion for the spectators to get drunk and shout like bulls .....
                    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• I Agree it needs some Adjustments.......But a few of those Tournaments a Year would be Great for Spectators and Great Fun.

And People saying its like Darts! Well that isn't a Bad thing in some ways as have a Look at there Crowds to Some at Snooker venues that I been too....more Seats Available than the Worth of it in Snooker.

Who wants to Watch........ Peter Ebdon v Steve Davis....These Days? They Couldn't hit a Cow up the Arse with a Shovel....lol

Comment

• Well, quite frankly, I really don't want to see snooker becoming like darts. Ok, it's very dynamic, lots of people....but have you seen/heard the audience? Some think they're at the pub, killing pints over pints, shooting at each shots, for nothing.
                        I'm all open to redirect snooker towards a better direction, to attract new fans...but this is too darts/US pool like to my taste. I didn't recognize the game I love to be honest.
                        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• It will be really interesting who will go on.. And it's more
                          interesting to see how John Higgins comes back into the game.

Comment

• Okay so I'm a bit late but I just wanted to add that I liked it but agree that it needs tweaking. For a start the BBC should take the reigns - ITV has no experience in dealing with snooker they should stick with the Tour de France for example as they do a fantastic job with that, as the BBCdo a good job with snooker.
                            It was fast furious fun to watch, and it has a place in the world of snooker but is by no means "the future."
                            Slow on t'uptake since 1992.

Comment

• Does anyone know when the next event will be on?

Comment

• I am a bit dissappointed that they havent announced any new tournaments. They spent so much money putting that company together, building the brand and buying all the equipment to have it stop after only one event.

It wasn't a Snooker replacer by any means, but it would be nice to see more events happening in the future (at least one every 3-4 months). It might not be that fun to watch on the TV for the purists, but I had a blast watching it live at the o2 arena.
                                http://MaximumSnooker.com - latest news with Maximum Snooker

Comment

Working...
                                X