Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
    lets hope we dont or they will be talking about this for the next 20 years
    OMG Please no! It would get a lot of publicity though. Whether that would be good publicity is open to debate, but then is any of this senior stuff good publicity for the game? It should be great to watch but what does it say about the current state of snooker?

Isn't it rather worrying if people would rather relive the '80s/90's than watch the current best players?

I'm not knocking this tournament by the way, I'm glad it's being televised.
    Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

we need kick stevens in this event, i love when i get to see him play

Comment

Originally Posted by nevets View Post
        OMG Please no! It would get a lot of publicity though. Whether that would be good publicity is open to debate, but then is any of this senior stuff good publicity for the game? It should be great to watch but what does it say about the current state of snooker?

Isn't it rather worrying if people would rather relive the '80s/90's than watch the current best players?

Originally Posted by nevets View Post

I don't think they're trying to relive those times. Players wouldn't retire if they could retain form, we've always needed a seniors tournament, it evens the field out for older players allowing them to compete again. They've always done it in Tennis haven't they?

Comment

Anyone there to snap some pictures and share with us here

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
            Quarters

Match 1
            Nigel Bond or Peter Ebdon v Ken Doherty

Match 2
            Jimmy White v Cliff Thorburn

Match 3
            Steve Davis v Joe Johnson

Match 4
            Dennis Taylor v John Parrott

Semis

Match 5
            Winner of match 1 v Winner of match 2

Match6
            Winner of match 3 v winner of match 4

Final

Winner of match 5 v Winner of match 6

hi are these matches on video streaming maybe someone knows the link if available thanks Leonard from Canada GO CLIFF GO

Comment

Well If Ken wins it it would be amazing!
              Junior, amateur, professional and seniors world titles-what a collection
              2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
              2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

any live streams for this event and is it played over 1 day and a one frame shoot out our is it best of so many frames
                Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by darrus View Post
                  Ain't got Sky either But anyway it's no use - they are going to show it recorded somewhere around Christmas, and no live broadcast it seems.
                  I think a lot of people would love to watch these matches, what a shame they're not being aired live, obviously couldn't find an interested broadcaster. But would it be so hard to set up some sort of pay for view streaming? IDK.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by Jools View Post
                    I don't think they're trying to relive those times. Players wouldn't retire if they could retain form, we've always needed a seniors tournament, it evens the field out for older players allowing them to compete again. They've always done it in Tennis haven't they?
                    yes there should be a seniors minor tour maybe 4 tournaments a year but exclusively to non tour players.

and they dont have to be legends theres plenty journeymen from the 90s thats no longer on tour that could get their cue out.

Comment

Nigel Bond has reached the world championship semi finals again!
                      Blown away

Comment

yes there should be a seniors minor tour maybe 4 tournaments a year but exclusively to non tour players.

and they dont have to be legends theres plenty journeymen from the 90s thats no longer on tour that could get their cue out.
                        Yeah. Always thought 40 was too young to be 'senior' as well, it means Hendry qualifies and isn't Ebdon 39? Seems wrong somehow, should be 45 or 50

Comment

I doubt it would work if you didn't include some tour players. This has caused interest because of who is in it, not who isn't.

If a seniors tour could be sorted out that would include Davis, White, Parrott etc and be best of nines, for example, it would probably be as popular as the proper tour i n terms of audience.

Comment

Working...
                          X