Seniors World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by the_Crippler09 View Post
    i love the between frame interviews, they should def think about introducing this into a tournament or two on the pro tour next year.
    That's OK for some of the more light hearted events such as this one, but I don't think it'd be a good idea in the major tournaments.

Anyway, these days most of the interviewing would be done in the dunny!

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      Have you tried a different browser? I don't know which you're using, but firefox and chrome seem to be particularly good with streaming, better than IE IMO.

-
      I'm using chrome, the last frame was ok (parrot v johnson) using the shadow link, so will see how it goes tonight, thanks anyway.
      Ron.
      People say I disagree a lot, but I don't think I do.

Comment

Originally Posted by rongreen View Post
        I'm using chrome, the last frame was ok (parrot v johnson) using the shadow link, so will see how it goes tonight, thanks anyway.
        Ron.
        Mine was fine for the last frame too.

Comment

Working fine now, unlucky kick on pink for Tony, cost him.
          People say I disagree a lot, but I don't think I do.

Comment

Damn, missed jimmy's match then...

Had to pop out with the kids to watch a firework display didn't i...

Comment

Excellent competition so far. The set up is very good. Great crowd in. Best of three needs upping to best of 5 though. Jimmy White, Steve Davis and Darren Morgan looked very sharp. Never seen that Townsend fella before but he looked decent, as did Dene O'Kane.

Worst i've ever seen Nigel Bond play. Doug Mountjoy still has a decent technique for someone thats nearly 70.

Comment

Well, this event is taking place only 15 minutes away from where I currently live so I popped down to the venue for what was a great day. Most of you will have seen as much on TV as I did at the venue but just to reinforce how pleasent the atmosphere was. This doesn't happen by chance, it's clearly the result of a lot of effort by the players and everyone else involved. I picked up a few nice little items at the merchandise stand on my way in including an official DVD of the 2010 seniors world championship, which I'd never previously seen for sale. In contrast to popular opinion, I think the format of best of 3's is just right for this tournament. Means the audience is able to see all 16 players in the space of a days play and who could really have sat through another 2 frames of Thorburn/ Mountjoy, engrossing as it was whilst it lasted. I'd counted that I'd already seen 9 of the competitors in live action previously and it was particularlly nice to see Drago, O'Kane, and Mountjoy for the first time. Only one or two lessons to be learned I'd say, the main one of which is to introduce a system ensuring there is no chance of two unknown qualifiers facing off against each other at this early stage in the tournament. Looking forward to watching the remainder tomorrow in the comfort of my armchair.
                Last edited by gmg; 6 November 2011, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Great snooker so far. The 2 out of 3 format makes every match exciting and the quality has been mostly excellent. Looking forward to tomorrow's action.

Comment

Originally Posted by beechy1212 View Post
                    Excellent competition so far. The set up is very good. Great crowd in. Best of three needs upping to best of 5 though. Jimmy White, Steve Davis and Darren Morgan looked very sharp. Never seen that Townsend fella before but he looked decent, as did Dene O'Kane.

Worst i've ever seen Nigel Bond play. Doug Mountjoy still has a decent technique for someone thats nearly 70.
                    Yep, I thought Doug Mountjoy's technique looked good too ... Thorburn and Taylor's looked like they had room for improvement LOL, the coaches on here would have a field day, HDTV shows up all the faults unlike the good ol' blurry pictures of yesteryear

As for Nigel Bond, well I empathise ... I've never played competitive snooker but I do play competitive UK pool and I hate drawing a player I'm supposed to beat easily - it's much easier playing someone equal or better than yourself ... although that's not to take anything away from Dennis Taylor, he still had to pot the balls

Comment

What time, UK or GMT does it start today? Thanks.
                      The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                        What time, UK or GMT does it start today? Thanks.
                        1pm or 15 mins from now...

Comment

Nightmare with buffering again Anyone else having this problem?
                          Winner of crucible77's 2008 World Championship Fantasy Snooker Game
                          2008-09 Fantasy Snooker Seasonlong Champion

Comment

yep poor buffering :-(
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              yep poor buffering :-(

Try this one:

http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/12/58/v-325835.html

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

posted this a bit bk dunno why it didn't come up but this one working fine >> http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/12/58/v-325835.html
                                Last edited by DaveH147; 6 November 2011, 01:45 PM.
                                sigpic www.thesnookerclub.com - The leading online snooker game

Comment

Working...
                                X