No announcement yet.

Draw for Shanghai Qualifying event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume the comment means that Burden is an unlucky player for White, as in White tends to get beat by him.

Bit of a sad state of affairs if that is true. But then again Hendry's biggest nemesis in world snooker for a while was Mark Johnsten Allen.

Comment

How did Liu Chaung earn his place on the main tour?
      Was he the replacement wildcard for the IBSF under 21 champion?
      Anyway I think he could be an interesting one to look out for,
      he has a great talent and will most likely want to follow
      Ding Junhui`s success.

Comment

Originally Posted by chasmmi
        Wildcards would play at the tournament proper against winners of the round of 48.
        Yes that what I would have thought too - thats what happpened in the other China Open tournies.

But if the draw on World Snooker is correct - there is no mention of a wildcard round - the top 16 just play the winners of the preceeding round. Eg "John Higgins plays the winner of match 49" which is Cope vs Parrot/henry/joyce. Unless they would have a wilcard round after the top 16 players have played a round ?

I guess World Snooker have probably just ballsed it up, by putting the top 16 on the qualifying sheet. Although the good thing about that is makes it easy to follow the path of the entire draw, which isnt usually so easy with the top 16 not usually being shown on the qualifiers drawsheet.
        "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

8 Chinese wildcards will play the 8 lowest ranked players in the last 48 round...

Comment

My theory as to why Michael White isn't playing is because he is still taking his GCSE's or whatever the Welsh equivalent is this week. Therefore its his choice he isn't playing.
            TSF World Champion 2010
            TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
            BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Originally Posted by Alex0paul
              My theory as to why Michael White isn't playing is because he is still taking his GCSE's or whatever the Welsh equivalent is this week. Therefore its his choice he isn't playing.
              Your theory is wrong.

The reason Mikey isn't playing is because he is still 15 and WSA won't allow a player to participate until they've had their fifteenth birthday. Mikey will be 15 in July.
              Janie Watkins
              On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
              All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

He has a birthday on July 5... very very sad he isn't allowed to play.

Comment

Especially sad considering there was no Shanghai open when he qualified for the tour and that World snooker chose to hold a qualifying round at a time they knew would disqualify one player as opposed to during the six week or so between Michael's birthday and the tournament proper.

On a second note, During Malta and China opens, Drago and Ding played qualifiers at the venue (I know this was for crown pleasing reasons but still...) so why couldn't world snooker have postponed White's qualifying matches until after his birthday or even hold the matches in Shanghai itself?

Comment

Because they are idiots.

You could also ask how the WSA can give what was meant to be a European place to Issara Kachaiwong - last time I checked Thailand was in Asia.

Comment

Alfie Burden is the first player victorious this season beating Ashley Wright 5-1
                      TSF World Champion 2010
                      TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                      BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Alfie beat Alex Davies 5-1 not Ashley Wright

Comment

the wildcards have now been added to the draw
                          Two of them should have played in round one of the draw but didn't get their visas...

http://globalsnookercentre.co.uk/fil...nghai-draw.htm
                          Janie Watkins
                          On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
                          All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

Working...
                          X