No announcement yet.

Shanghai Masters Discussions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it may creep in his mind. does with lots of other players, in lots of sports

if he made a career out of it, then maybe some agreement.

getting to the final, when not fancied by many to do so from the start is a good achievement.

well done both of them

Comment

• great to see the welsh back on the march

Comment

• Yay! What was the final score line?
        Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
          heres a pic of Dom being asked for autographs after his win :-

DOMINIC

PMSL...nice one!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nina

The combination with the lemony yellow hair was striking indeed!!
            I guess that this combination is a winning one.. You see that once he changed his shirt after the first session to pink (or fuchsia :*) ) in the second session, the score line changed from 3-6 to 10-6 :-D And started his "pink session" with a tournament best 143 Maybe this combination put Ryan off a little bit. When I saw Ryan's first shot of the "pink session" I knew stg is wrong... Maybe someone put stg to his food during the interval. :-/ I love both of them, but because of the age I wanted Dominic to win... GREAT achievement!

As for the final, some of you write that the game was boring and not that good in terms of performance. I agree that the standard was not the best, but firstly the first session was not bad at all. I saw it as a whole as a good session, with some fantastic long shots, good breaks and a lot of bad luck for Dominic Dale. If Dale was a bit more lucky it was 5-4 after the first session. In the second session everything turned around. Dale was all of a sudden the lucky one and Ryan was not lucky at all.. Ryan started with a long pot miles away and Dom dished with a superb 143 - fantastic century with some nice shots. The rest of the match was a little scrappy i agree, but Dom always stunned me with some superb long pot. He made a lot of wonderful long pots in the whole match and the last scrappy frames. It felt funny when he missed a short distance shot a made a superb long pot in a few minutes. There where also a few kicks making it hard to make big breaks in the end. I guess the humidity in the arena played also its role in the end. But hats of DOM, what a the comeback. It is a pity Ryan didn't level at 8-8 or 9-9 to make it an epic ending. For sure this final was not of the highest standard but it was not boring and it was not the worst finals ever for sure.. I enjoyed pretty much, also thanks to SHTV coverage

Comment

• it was a winning combination...so, after all, being blonde and wearing a "Barbie" pink shirt is not that bad after all....
              "Ronnie is very special. He's a genius - snooker's equivalent of Mozart." Ebdon

Comment

• As I've been out all day long, I'm just finished watching it (I'm late as usual!).

Was a great match, nice to see "new" faces in the final stages, we can't have the Dohertys, Higginses, O'Sullivanses, Williamses forever winning.

Good pace, good safety, good breaks = good match

Funny quote from the price ceremony "and the winner of the 2007 Shanghai Masters: Ryan Day!"

Comment

• I thought the bartender from our local gaybar had picked up a cue and entered the Shanghai Masters!!!

Mornin"

Nice indeed to have some new faces in the final, but Ken and Williams winning a tournee is quite a while ago!

Bye....

Originally Posted by Sabina
                  it was a winning combination...so, after all, being blonde and wearing a "Barbie" pink shirt is not that bad after all....

Comment

• Originally Posted by hegeland

Funny quote from the price ceremony "and the winner of the 2007 Shanghai Masters: Ryan Day!"
                    Was it Richard Beare?

Comment

• His Chinese counterpart.

Comment

• Cool tournamenr and I'm really pleased with Dale's win! Hope he'll save form for the rest of the year!
                        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Working...
                        X