Questions for Ricky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Ricky

Anybody that has any questions for Ricky Walden reply to this thread with them and I will make sure he answers them, you got about 10 minutes before I speak to him.

Aaaagh! The time pressure is killing me. 10 minutes! Ahhm. How about you ask him if he's been practicing a lot over the summer (your Dangerous Dark Horses in Shanghai tend to be those who did) and if he's got any inside tips as to who is looking good for the title? I know, not very imaginative.

And do say hi (not that I know him, but still) and good luck!
    Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

Since there was only one question [ albeit a odds one ] might we have a few more minutes Kev?

=o)

Noel

Comment

Yeah thats ok as I am in constant communication with him so we can update the interview. I have just sent him about 15 questions though.

Comment

speakin of national pride ricky would you like to represent ukraine in snooker?

Comment

Originally Posted by ja. View Post
            speakin of national pride ricky would you like to represent ukraine in snooker Easter Egg painting?

Maybe...

=o)

Noel

PS. Welcome back to TSF Ja!

Comment

Rickys interview is now up in the Articles section (found on main navigation)

We will be chatting to him again either later today or after his golf match tomorrow so keep the questions coming in.

Also if you have any questions for Stuart Bingham, John Higgins, David Gilbert, ali Carter ot Stephen Lee please post up who the question is for and when I talk to them over the next few days I will ask your questions for you.

Comment

Originally Posted by noel
                Q: Ricky, do you feel any sense of national honour and pride at stake in your next match against Ding [ I expect ] in China?

Thanks and best of luck!

=o)

Noel
                What draw are you looking at???? He's playing Hendo isn't he
                Winner of Ja's Super Special Grand Prix Lucky Dip 2009
                Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

Originally Posted by very.tee View Post
                  What draw are you looking at???? He's playing Hendo isn't he
                  I bopied my predictions wrongly and referred to those.
                  I am a silly bunt.
                  I have deleted that silly post.
                  Sorry.

If I may rephrase...

Q: Ricky, do you feel any sense of national honour and pride at stake
                  in your next match against Hendry the Great of Scotland?

Thanks and best of luck!

=o(

Noel

Comment

Ricky,

By the time you reach 30 what will you have hoped to have achieved from the game in the way of ranking events? Have you set yourself with a goal in mind?
                    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I'm terrible at asking questions but please could you ask John Higgins what he thinks the most important skill to have for success is. Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
                        I bopied my predictions wrongly and referred to those.
                        I am a silly bunt.
                        I have deleted that silly post.
                        Sorry.

If I may rephrase...

Q: Ricky, do you feel any sense of national honour and pride at stake
                        in your next match against Hendry the Great of Scotland?

Thanks and best of luck!

=o(

Noel
                        Yeah, I thought it'd be something like that Didn't mean to "have a go"
                        Winner of Ja's Super Special Grand Prix Lucky Dip 2009
                        Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

When ever I put threads up like this asking for people to give me questions to ask the pros there is always a limited response and it is understandable, what do you ask them?

I always find the best thing to do is go back to the start of a competiton and see what they have been playing like, look at the scores and see what other news sources have picked up on and build the questions form there, if there is a tournament running it is always best to ask as many questions as possible about that copetition but if the question you really want to know is What is their favorite food or something like that then ask away, the more diverse the questions the better.

I think all the players get annoyed with the same old questions like What cue do you use? if you look around you can always find the answers to these anyway so try to think out of the box and ask things people have never asked them before.

I always like to ask some controversial questions like the David Gilbert one and the SPA question and these two questions in turn will lead onto another interview with David and a article about The SPA

So no matter how silly you think your question is please post it up and I will pick the best ones to ask him.

Comment

Stephen Lee,

What kind of preparations and sacrifice's have you made if any for this season?
                            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by very.tee View Post
                              Yeah, I thought it'd be something like that Didn't mean to "have a go"
                              no.problemo.very.tee.

[ ... and thanks for helping me feel less like a blown ]

L0L

=o)

Noel

Comment

Working...
                              X