Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts?

Well this new offering kicks off on Friday at 6pm on Sky.

I for one will be glued to it with a nice bottle of vino. Can't wait to see hw it pans out. Will players get a quick 32 break then run and hide knocking balls safe. Tactical use of the shot clock to exhaust as much time as possible when ahead....

Really haven't a clue how it will turn out and am looking forward to it for that reason. One thing is for sure, you'll never see so many pros playing again in a single session.

Well i had a quick chat to Ian McCulloch about this in the early hours of Sunday morning (after his exhibition) and in particular regarding the 10 minute frame allowance. He thinks what will happen is whoever has a got a decent lead will protect it by playing safe, and to drag it out so to speak will use the full 15 second shot clock, ie some shots you can play within 4 to 5 seconds, but if you have a lead to protect your more likely to take your time
    Wish i had sky now .... will it be streamed ???

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Well i had a quick chat to Ian McCulloch about this in the early hours of Sunday morning (after his exhibition) and in particular regarding the 10 minute frame allowance. He thinks what will happen is whoever has a got a decent lead will protect it by playing safe, and to drag it out so to speak will use the full 15 second shot clock, ie some shots you can play within 4 to 5 seconds, but if you have a lead to protect your more likely to take your time
      Wish i had sky now .... will it be streamed ???
      well it happens iin football after all
      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Not sure if this format will be a success or not, at least its something new anyway.

I'm not so sure there will be that much safety involved really, its not like its a ranking event, just seems like pool rules used for snooker. Will be interesting to see how the players cope with the rule of a ball having to hit a cushion for each shot, no more rolling up to a colour to snooker someone for instance.

Probably will suit Ronnie, just like the power snooker event. Also have a sneeky feeling Selby and Ford will do well also as they are from a pool background so have a good idea of how to use this to their advantage.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          .....I'm not so sure there will be that much safety involved really, its not like its a ranking event.....
          Yeah but doesn't the prize money double or something every frame/round you win ?? thats a decent incentive to protect your lead

Comment

I think the tinkering with the rules will be interesting. I wonder what thew highest break of the tournament will be?

I'm guessing about 50!

Comment

Negative players like Ronnie and Selby should prevail.

Comment

Negative player? Ronnie?

Cushion rule could play an important role and scrappy frames could well be seen here and there..
                Still, I expect one member of Top 8 to win it all.
                All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Selby ain't a negative player either, WTF?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
                    Selby ain't a negative player either, WTF?
                    He,s hardly the most attacking

Comment

I'm really quite looking forward to tonight I have to say.

Quick question as I can't be bothered to look... What happens if scores are level?

Comment

Originally Posted by rambon View Post
                        ....Quick question as I can't be bothered to look... What happens if scores are level?
                        Think i read something about a blue ball shoot out ! not quite sure if that means potting long blues untill someone misses or not lol

Comment

Working...
                        X