Looking forward to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to this

Im really looking forward to this event, I missed last years event with not having sky sports and was also busy on working on my house. But I have watched the matches lately on the good old youtube. I must say i really liked the setup and the rules. The shouting out may have been a bit much at times but all in all good stuff.

So with online streaming this year I'm looking forward to it. ( shame ronnie isn't in it)

Anyone else looking forward to it

They always seem to put this when I am away for the weekend. I was staying with friends last year, and am up at a family christening this weekend. Only saw bits and pieces before, probably the same again.

One year I'll watch it, see what the fuss is about.

Comment

Not looking forward to the shouting out . May watch it with the sound off !
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Other than the shouting out I cant fault it tbh.

better than power snooker ( and I liked that as well)

Comment

Like I say, I didn't see much of Sky Shootout last year, but what I didn't like much about Power Snooker is the way the experts literally encouraged people to get drunk. The first year, they said something like; "It's not like any other snooker event. We want you drink, shouting out being boisterous."

Now, don't get me wrong, I like a good drink. I stopped drinking in January, just because I was worried I'd been overdoing it. I have no snobbery about people enjoying a few drinks. But in announcing they expect you to get drunk at the event as soon as it started, they may well have gone; "This events going to be a bit rubbish unless you're drunk." Not great marketing.

Comment

From the World Snooker website;

"Last year's event was a tremendous success and tickets have been flying out the door!"

Bit inconvenient. How do they plan on selling them?

Comment

nice one Sfan

Comment

Did anybody actually watch this? I've been at a family christening all weekend and didn't see any? I have still not properly watched a Sky Shootout. What did people think? I heard it get poor reviews.

Comment

Well its not snooker lol.

But its better than power snooker. At the end of the day if you like fast flowing snooker with a shotclock then this for you, but if you prefer tactical games then this isn't for you.

However its been an eye opener in the fact that known slower players like Dott and Harrold can actually play fast and be quite good in doing so. which means they play slow on purpose in normal snooker matches

Comment

Originally Posted by Ultimate_snooker View Post
                    However its been an eye opener in the fact that known slower players like Dott and Harrold can actually play fast and be quite good in doing so. which means they play slow on purpose in normal snooker matches
                    Dott isn't a slow matchplayer...
                    Highest Break Practice : 96
                    Highest Break Match : 87 (Previous 85)

I stopped playing since November 2012
                    Picked my cue up again since mid-way 2014

Comment

I really Enjoyed it as theres Nothing Not to Like! Its alot better than Power Snooker althou I like that aswell as its Different.

Most Sports theres People Shouting Out etc look at Darts etc and Phil Taylor and Top Players get a Buzz from that as Ronnie said when he Played Power Snooker he liked the Crowd.

I really Enjoyed it as it Gave lower Ranked Players to get on the TV where they Deserve Pitty Jamie Jones didnt really get a Shot as Martin Gould did a Cracking 135 Clearance which is Excellent in 1 Frame Snooker.

Gaz.

Comment

Working...
                      X