No announcement yet.

Surprise Surprise Surprise Surprise Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't say either. Higgins and Williams have been there and thereabouts in the last two seasons and Ronnie is always a threat (without winning anything major for a while. I'm not taking into consideration the Premier League).

The youngers ones I am not sold upon. People are waiting for the likes of Allen and Cope not only to win, but start winning multiple titles. But it doesn't look likely.

I don't see what the big suprise is. Its the Masters. the top 16 players. 5/8 remaining are ranking title winners, two others are ranking final runner-ups and the other has made four or five semi finals. What is worse is that many others seem to be throwing some sort of conspiracy theory. Also, there are three world champions remaining.

So really, what is the big suprise?

I was suprised to see how poorly Higgins has performed at the Masters even though he has won it twice, O'Sullivan has been playing poorly and Williams didn't really play an underdog.

Comment

Yes, it was, if anything, a tournament much in the way of the form book. Robertson's never done well at Wembley, and that hasn't changed. Higgins has an unexceptional record and complained he didn't like the venue(odd he's never mentioned it in the 4 or 5 years since they've been at the arena)

Murphy recycled his joke about usually watching the tournament from home, having generally gone out in the first round.

Cope did remarkably well for a debutante but why not? He's a good player when he's on song.

Ronnie went out first round but that's happened before and to be honest it['s Ronnie - you can never tell what he'll do from one moment to the next, and conceding frames with snookers and playing wild shots when a roll behind the green is an obvious safety, he's never likely to win playing that way.

Ding seems to have recovered his form so not that big a shock winner - Fu had a surprising run, Dott went out earlyish as he generally does..

Not that many shocks, just a few disappointments. And I did feel sorry for Ladbrokes when the ppster "Who will be the snooker master" featured three players who were all out

Comment

Yes, Ronnie losing in the first round is not a surprise by any means. He's far more likely to lose in a first round than win tournaments these days.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
          Yes, it was, if anything, a tournament much in the way of the form book. Robertson's never done well at Wembley, and that hasn't changed. Higgins has an unexceptional record and complained he didn't like the venue(odd he's never mentioned it in the 4 or 5 years since they've been at the arena)

Murphy recycled his joke about usually watching the tournament from home, having generally gone out in the first round.

Cope did remarkably well for a debutante but why not? He's a good player when he's on song.

Ronnie went out first round but that's happened before and to be honest it['s Ronnie - you can never tell what he'll do from one moment to the next, and conceding frames with snookers and playing wild shots when a roll behind the green is an obvious safety, he's never likely to win playing that way.

Ding seems to have recovered his form so not that big a shock winner - Fu had a surprising run, Dott went out earlyish as he generally does..

Not that many shocks, just a few disappointments. And I did feel sorry for Ladbrokes when the ppster "Who will be the snooker master" featured three players who were all out
          Yes, you can´t really talk about shocks in the Masters, as it´s the current 16 highest ranked players that are invited in, and even though Fu at the moment is in the middle 20´ties, he´s still a class player.

Shock results comes in the rankingtournaments, as when Peter Lines beat Mark Williams at the UK championship last year.

To me the biggest surprise was both O´Sullivan and Selby got beaten so early, as they have taken the last four titles.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
          X