No former champion in the quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
    Assuming Stephen Hendry does not beat Neil Robertson, there will be no former Masters champion in the last 8. Has this ever happened before.

Conversely, of course, if Hendry does win, there will be possibly only one higher seed in the quarters (none if Cope beats Murphy).

Either way, an astonishing set of circumstances so I thought it deserved its own thread!
    Same thing heppened in 2008!
    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
      Well he was seeded 9 so he wasn't a higher seed. Or am I misunderstanding?
      Yea, seeded 9 and beat higher ranked Williams who was expected to be the favorite to win, so I think we can say its 6 higher seeds out in 6 matches;

And whatever happens, Hendry can`t loose the match any worse than 2-6; he`s now 2-1 ahead and even though mistakes are creeping in, he`s still here...

Cope? I dont know why, but he sort of looks to me as like an outsider of Top 16 so you never know. But we`ve seen it already that anything could happen, Murphy also could just aswell have a poor match liek when he crashed out of World Open by loosing to Dave Harold 3-0, so you never know

Comment

Hendry refused a long pot!? It's over!!

Comment

Working...
        X