Too many pundits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many pundits?

During the mid session interval of the final, they had three pundits in the studio, i don't think there's ever been that many at once. Personally i think that's one too many and that they probably felt they had to do it to accommodate them all due to the arrival of Stephen Hendry. What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by imy147 View Post
    During the mid session interval of the final, they had three pundits in the studio, i don't think there's ever been that many at once. Personally i think that's one too many and that they probably felt they had to do it to accommodate them all due to the arrival of Stephen Hendry. What do you guys think?
    They should re-hire Clive Everton for the commentary box and pair him with Stephen Hendry. The other pairing could be Dennis Taylor and Ken Doherty, with Steve Davis and John Parrott as the pundits. Then we could get rid of John Virgo and the most annoying man on the planet, Willie Thorne.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
      They should re-hire Clive Everton for the commentary box and pair him with Stephen Hendry. The other pairing could be Dennis Taylor and Ken Doherty, with Steve Davis and John Parrott as the pundits. Then we could get rid of John Virgo and the most annoying man on the planet, Willie Thorne.
      Now that would be a real Brucie bonus!!!

Comment

Its amazing how many of these pundits dont know their top ushion from their bottom cushion!

Comment

What has happened to Clive Everton...... Has he just retired??
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

The big problem for me is when they confuse pundits/technical advisors and commentators - we now have pundits commentating/"punditing" and no-one's commentating any more. Commentating is a profession, and technical advising is a different one, and they shouldn't be mixed, ever!

In the past we had Ted Lowe, commentator, with Jim Meadowcroft, pundit, or Jack Karnhem with Ray Edmonds, for example, and no matter our thoughts on their merits, they each performed their own job without intruding on the other's territory.
            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
              Take a look at this article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...-clive-everton

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                No, he hasn't retired. He just doesn't fit with the BBC's idea of "celebrity" commentators. They think having a recognisable name is more important than Clive's journalistic excellence.
                Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  Thanks mate......

Comment

Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                    No, he hasn't retired. He just doesn't fit with the BBC's idea of "celebrity" commentators. They think having a recognisable name is more important than Clive's journalistic excellence.
                    The bbc are unbelievable sometimes....... "celebrity" commentators??

Comment

Good old use of license payers money by the bbc.. that's must be 8-9 pn the payroll between pundits and commentators today alone.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Old cue collector --
                      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Where's Willie Thorne gone!?

Comment

Where's Willie Thorne gone!?
                          Perhaps he had a table booked for dinner at 8:30pm.
                          Last edited by Gerry Armstrong; 16 January 2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

It's become too MTV

Watch some videos of 90s matches for proof that was "less" commentating in those days. Now every shot gets the football commentary and Ken Doherty is looking to continue what Virgo started

And what's with the repeated shots of Patsy Fagan in the crowd and players' girlfriends being talked to during the match
                            sigpic
                            Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

I hate it when Irvine keeps asking question about psychology. She asks the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
                              "Am too good not to win this tournament" - Stephen Hendry

Comment

Working...
                              X