• The Masters Roll Call

So, who is going?

I got tickets to;

Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Ding Junhui
    Shaun Murphy vs Martin Gould
    John Higgins vs Matthew Stevens
    Neil Robertson vs Mark Allen

Anybody else?

Yep I've got a all day ticket for the 19th...... Which I think is the quarters!!

Can't wait....!!:snooker:

That's great line up of games you've got tickets to......
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

I tend to go to The Masters every years, as I live in South London and can commute.

Though, I'm trying a different strategy this year, as I don't know the Ally Pally area. I'm staying Monday night and Tuesday night in a nearby hotel as I have evening games to both days. But after I planned that, somebody asked if I wanted to go to Ding and Ronnie, so am commuting that and hopefully arriving back so I can watch Williams vs Maguire on telly.

Comment

I go every year and so will be staying in the National Hotel that I suggested to snookerfan for the entire week. I'm annoyed that Ding v Ronnie was sold out before I got chance to book, but am going to:

Trump v Bingham
        Robertson v Allen
        Murphy v Gould
        Higgins vs Stevens

Potentially all the QFs

and then we'll see whgat happens after that.

Comment

That sure is commitment......

I would have loved to get tickets to the Ding v Ronnie game, hopefully its going to a great game/tournament!!:snooker:
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
            I go every year and so will be staying in the National Hotel that I suggested to snookerfan for the entire week. I'm annoyed that Ding v Ronnie was sold out before I got chance to book, but am going to:

Trump v Bingham
            Robertson v Allen
            Murphy v Gould
            Higgins vs Stevens

Potentially all the QFs

and then we'll see whgat happens after that.
            I booked pretty much when the matches were announced.

I wish I'd booked the Williams vs Maguire match on Sunday night too, and stayed an extra night at the National. But, it is a bit of a waste of money considering I only have to travel back to Croydon.

It's only the fact that I wanted to see Murphy vs Gould on Monday night, and had promised to go with somebody to see John Higgins vs Matthew Stevens Tuesday night I bothered to stay over at all. If I knew the area, I probably wouldn't have.

One year when it was at Wembley Arena I saw the afternoon match on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and travelled back through London to stay in my own bed each night.

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
              That sure is commitment......
              You think that's bad?

I'm also going to one of the quarter-finals, both semi-finals and Final of the Welsh Open. I have booked four matches (both sessions) of the first round at The Crucible without knowing who is playing. (That's 10am, 2:30pm and 7:00pm sessions on Saturday and Sunday, and 10am and 2:30pm on Monday.)

And whilst we're discussing how much I need a girlfriend, I will also book the week off so I can be up at 6am watching the China Open every day.

Comment

The joy of being self-employed is I can spend Crucible fortnight trundling down the motorway to Sheffield every day to watch the world's, no hotel expenses etc. I was looking forward to going to York again this year for the return of the Uk, but given they spiled it, I opted out.

The National will have rooms available if you decide to extend your stay - I only booked yesterday, after a brief haggle over rates

I won't be having breakfast, so you can claim mine

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                  The joy of being self-employed is I can spend Crucible fortnight trundling down the motorway to Sheffield every day to watch the world's, no hotel expenses etc. I was looking forward to going to York again this year for the return of the Uk, but given they spiled it, I opted out.

The National will have rooms available if you decide to extend your stay - I only booked yesterday, after a brief haggle over rates

I won't be having breakfast, so you can claim mine

Yes, I also backed out when they shortened matches at the UK Championship, and I e-mailed World Snooker to tell them this is what discouraged me from buying my usual tickets. (I had been to Telford the three previous years.)

I waivered and nearly went, but the prices to get me from Croydon to York were quite expensive, so it made my stance a little easier to make.

Comment

Working...
                  X