Masters commentators mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masters commentators mistakes

Shall we have a tournament table of commentator mistakes for this event.

Dennis Taylor 2
    Stephen Hendry 0
    Steve Davis 0
    John Virgo 0

I think the 4 above are there, not sure who else, maybe Ken is there also but I will update when I find out. Willie is not there this year I know that.

So if a commentator makes a mistake just post the mistake they made below and I will add it to the table above.
    Last edited by ferret; 15 January 2012, 02:31 PM.

As opposed to Hendon's imaginary radio commentary droning the bleeding obvious? :-)

Comment

2 from Dennis already, see this thread - http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...y-just-started!

Comment

I'm pretty sure I heard Hendry at the start of the frame saying that Ronnie will be tired out after PTC 11 and 12 which I don't think he played in (correct me if I'm wrong)? :snooker:
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Where's Willie?

They finally got rid of him ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sam1036 View Post
            Where's Willie?

Don't count your chickens just yet.............

Comment

Originally Posted by Sam1036 View Post
              Where's Willie?

According to snooker scene he's being rested for the masters as they've got Dennis, Virgo, Doherty and Hendry. Davis and Parrott have studio duties only.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
                According to snooker scene he's being rested for the masters as they've got Dennis, Virgo, Doherty and Hendry. Davis and Parrott have studio duties only.
                Both have commentated in the last 24 hours!

No menton of Michaela Tabb an no sign of her merchandis either - i something going on at Worldsnooker?

Comment

In the ding/ronnie match Ding had a difficult pot to the middle pocket and Dennis Taylor commented "the Asian players are sooooo good at pots in the middle" does that count as a mistake or just the most ludicrous claim ever made. I mean....why the hell would Asian players be better at middle pots than any other player..........made me laugh though
                  You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

In the Trump-Bingham match, the brown was down near the pack of reds in one of the frames, and Virgo was aghast at one point when Trump didn't land on "the open red"(!) Didn't apologise for it either.

Comment

This afternoon Steve Davis said that John Higins was the greatest player ever to hold a cue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I can name atleast 3 better players than him.......Steve Davis,Stephen Hendry and Ronnie!

Comment

Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                        This afternoon Steve Davis said that John Higins was the greatest player ever to hold a cue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        I can name atleast 3 better players than him.......Steve Davis,Stephen Hendry and Ronnie!
                        I think he said, the one with the best allround game?
                        Highest Break Practice : 96
                        Highest Break Match : 87 (Previous 85)

I stopped playing since November 2012
                        Picked my cue up again since mid-way 2014

Comment

John Virgo has twice shown that he doesn't understand the three-misses rule. He said that the player would be given a warning after two misses because he could hit both sides (meaning edges) of an on ball. That is not the necessary condition - the condition is merely that the player can make a full-ball hit on an on ball. He seems to be confusing this rule with the free ball rule. Strangely his co-commentator failed to correct him both times - I suppose they don't like to show their mistakes up.

Comment

Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                            He said Higgins was the best player he's ever seen after Higgins beat Trump in the WC aswell.

I loved it when Steve Davis asked Hendry if Ronnie is the greatest every in that little conversation Davis/Hendry/Selby/Robertson had. You could tell Hendry felt awkward - he said he was but was clearly lying

Comment

Didn't selby ask/say it to hendry tho?

Didn't selby say summat along the lines of.. Ronnie is the greatest player to pick up a cue (along those lines) turned to hendry and said, you'd agree with that wouldnt you stephen?...

Twas a bit awkward...lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X