... is sending me to sleep.
    :snooker:
    High break: 117
    2013 Midlands University Snooker Champion

Put the volume on 40.

Problem solved!

Glad I could help

Comment

He's so interesting i dont know how you dont hang on every word!
      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Davis was definately better as a Player than a Commentator!

Something I couldnt say about Virgo as I think he is Better as Commentator than a Player. Makes me Laugh when they show commentator STATS underneath Like... Steve Davis 6 Times World Champion then VIRGO 1979 Uk Champion!...lol

I was shocked alittle about Stephen Hendry when hes Commentating as hes very Shy and dont say alot althou he Does know what hes Talking about Not like half of them and maybe hes Not Used to Commentating as he has always been playing the game and Not Commentating.

Comment

Hendry is a fine commentaor because he doesn't feel the need to fill every moment with sound - I normally like listening to Dennis but he was fawning all over Hendry yesterday.

None of them are at Clive Everton's level, but Davis and Hendry are pretty good, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
            Davis was definately better as a Player than a Commentator!
            Yeah we need to see more classic Davis in the commentary box ; dominating the other commentators, keeping them off the microphone while he uses up all the available words, and on those rare occassions when he does end a sentence making sure he never leaves anything decent for anyone else to say.

Comment

I would like to hear more of Neal Foulds and it's a pity the BBC do not use him more often. He is miles better than either Parrott or Dohery say..
              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

It's just a constant droning sound and he really does bore me as a commentator. Parrott and Virgo are my two favourites by quite some margin.

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                  I would like to hear more of Neal Foulds and it's a pity the BBC do not use him more often. He is miles better than either Parrott or Dohery say..
                  Yep neal foulds is head and shoulders above doherty,hendry or griffiths and yet theyre only using him now and again, neways why have they rested willie thorne for this tourney?

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                    Makes me Laugh when they show commentator STATS underneath Like... Steve Davis 6 Times World Champion then VIRGO 1979 Uk Champion!...lol
                    LOL

I quite like Davis commentating, early days maybe.
                    Hendry does a good job as does Doherty.
                    I second the comment about Foulds, very good.
                    I would also like to say that I really do like Joe Johnson on Eurosport, now if the BBC could get him in on the team and the interval chats, that would be good. Just a thought
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I actually think that Davis and Hendry are both very good considering they haven't been doing it very long. As they do it more, they will get better still, and they both know their stuff.

I also like having The Griff in there. He makes me chuckle.
                      If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Virgo is a useless commentator, though his orgasms whenever the cueball goes within 8 inches of the pocket is funny. He tends to blab on like his choice of shot is correct one all the time or spends the whole time ramming his head up Ronnie's bottom. (Whether Ronnie is playing or not.)

Hendry speaks when there is something to say, and pretty much all his comments are accurate and interesting.

Comment

I don't mind who commentates to be honest.
                          Clive Everton is still the most informative and knowledgeable commentator on any network as far as I am concerned.
                          I enjoy listening to Dennis, Hendry, Docherty, Parrot, Davies.

ut wether some of them bore us or not, we should just thank the powers at the BBC (assuming they made this deccission) for not making us listen to Willie (KnowItAll) Thorne for this tournament!

Comment

I also think it is quite nice to see Hazel with Doherty & Hendry in the studio recently! (instead of Davis & Parrot)
                            Clive Everton has for me the nicest voice to listen to. "the most informative and knowledgeable" as said above.

Comment

I prefer TV snooker minus the pointless filler slots with Hazel and her pet 'boys'. Praise the Lord that Freeview channel 301 generally just shows the venue with an open mike and stats between frames, rather than Hazel & Co droning on about the latest 'turning point' in the match.

I agree with the earlier poster that the usually excellent Dennis Taylor was being a bit smarmy with Hendry. However I think that was meant to put him at his ease and draw him out a bit (which seemed to work very well).

Comment

Working...
                              X