• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never say never.

Is that an apology ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt128qAXrE4

Comment

• Judd Trump is just at that "stage" where he's trying to be cool... when in fact, he's not. The only people who think he's 'cool' are the one he buys drinks...

He's not even that good. Ronnie cut him down this week (a 36 year old), and I get the sense if Ronnie ever played well , he'd beat Trump every time.

Trump has just got a reputation that scares opponents. In reality, he leaves each opponent a thousand chances. And soon, his 'aura' will wear off and people will take those chances. We'll see how good he is then.

And when he starts to lose, watch his yobbish 'mates' disappear in no time.... Same old boring story.

Comment

• I think you're right about his aura scares people. Even at the China Open, when he started playing well, I remember at least one of his opponents (Shaun Murphy) played awfully. I think the fact he was suddenly pulling out a lot of awesome shots, that he should never have got, surprised people.

I don't think he's crap, I think he's very talented. What I think happened though is he became man of the moment with some of his performances, and the BBC were more than happy to place their lips firmly on his buttocks. How many times did Virgo and Co. swoon over him? He mentions 'Naughty Snooker' on twitter, and it gets repeated over and over. Hazel Irvine all but offered to open her legs every time she saw him.

This will daunt opponents, and will give the player it's about confidence. Judd is talented, but I think all the arse-kissing added a confidence to that. Since he lost to Robertson at The Masters who used superior match-play, and then to Ronnie who was just Ronnie, it'll be interesting to see where Judd goes from here. The BBC will still be up his arse, but will he knuckle under and get himself back to form? Or will he think; "Aaaah. I'm not the man any more."

Might be interesting to find out.

Comment

• I don't want to see Judd get a terrible reputation for something his mates have done. I think he is just suffering from being a youngster who has had a lot of success and fame at a very early age. Don't forget, this lad has been having success since being a 12 year old as he virtually dominated every age group of snooker that he played in growing up, the lad has only ever known success so its hardly a surprise that at some point it has got to his head somewhat.

I think he's a breath of fresh air for the game, I wouldn't want him to change his game or attitude right now because I think that is what stands him out from the others. He is putting bums on seats and that is something this game needs so lets not castigate him for one bad bit of sportsmanship, mainly on behalf of a few idiots of friends or followers he has.

As for the comment he is not even that good, please, that it just as disrespectful as any comments or actions his mates did. He is a fantastic potter and break builder, the only weakness is that he goes for one too many, but isn't that exactly what Hendry did when he started out? The difference back then is most of his opponents up until the latter stages could barely make a break above 50, now players ranked outside the top 50 are knocking in tons for fun.

No for me he is just going through a stage where he feels invincible, that will change as he gets older but its a lesson he needs to learn for himself. We'll see a much more mature player in 2-3 years time, and one that I feel could dominate the game for a decade, if he has the desire.

Comment

• One year ago many people was wondering if he was just another wasted talent, that never really made it. Now he has won two ranking titles, been to the final at the cruicible and won two ptcs as well. Then in the last two tournaments he has lost to two of the best players on the circuit at the moment, but for me to see that doesn´t rule him out as overrated and not as good as everyone was talking about. Two or three years from now we will see if he started to dominate like Hendry, but at that time he´ll still have his best years to come.
            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• I agree. I'm not dissing Judd, and I certainly don't think he's crap. I am just expressing that I think he's a confidence player, and the fact he's become very popular very quickly has helped him win. I'm sure he'll win more in the future, but I'd be interested to see how losing in a couple of tournaments after he felt invincible will effect him?

Comment

• well we have put up with ronnie's antics over years, towells over his face, giving frames away. what judd does or his mates is nothing compared to that. am no great fan of judd but like the way plays the game and the commentators will talk about him due to being young and his break through into the game.

suppose it might be the same response when ronnie started using his other hand, people used to say he cant do that its disrespectful. no it wasnt its jelousy on their part

Comment

• In all sports the newer players that come along and start to win many events are well liked but after a while the public start to root for others to beat them.
                  Judd is in the strange position where people are hating him already and he has hardly won anything.
                  I think his P.R side has been handled badly. This is a shame as he is quite good to watch.

Comment

• Originally Posted by FOXMULDER View Post

And when he starts to lose, watch his yobbish 'mates' disappear in no time.... Same old boring story.
                    Well, he just has - to Mark Allen in the World Open ....

Comment

• Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
                      Well, he just has - to Mark Allen in the World Open ....
                      ... and in the round of the last 16 to boot ....

Comment

Working...
                      X