No announcement yet.

Masters - Final Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, a pretty scrappy period of the match. It's important that Murphy wins this frame, as he is behind at the moment.

Not particularly fast stuff either, is it? Two and a half hours, and we're only in the 6th frame.

Comment

So, 3 all, and what a great match it's been so far, although neither player's quite at their best as yet, it's still fascinating stuff. These last few frames have felt like THE last few frames, so imagine what it's going to be like tonight! :EEK:

And, this one's destined to go to a final decider, NAILED ON!

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        Yes, a pretty scrappy period of the match. It's important that Murphy wins this frame, as he is behind at the moment.

Not particularly fast stuff either, is it? Two and a half hours, and we're only in the 6th frame.
        I wonder if Trump is watching the match now. Imagine how he would be commenting on their speed
        All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Dennis Taylor just said "If you hit the pink and the red at the same time it is a foul shot, its a split ball"

What!!! since when? if that was the case then why was Mark Williams's shot in China which he complained about Eirian Williams for not a immediate foul?

Seriously is Dennis Taylor just making it up as he goes along or what?

I have got increasingly ticked off with BBC commentary over this event and have mostly been watching on EuroSport this time round but is it time that The BBC started to get rid of the entire commentary team and start again?

At least when you listen to Dave Hendon on EuroSport and he comes up with a stat you know he is not just reading it off of a piece of paper a producer has given him as Dave writes the stats you know they are going to be correct.

Rant over but seriously Dennis needs to go as much as Murray Walker needed to leave Formula 1 many years ago when he started to loose it.

Comment

split ball is a foul i believe bud...

Comment

Our local commentator has, at numerous times, stated that it is not. I'm confused a bit.
              All the way Mark J!!

Comment

OK so why all the controversy over the ball in China? do you remember the one I am on about?

They put the replay up on the big screen at the event and could not decide which was hit first, so if they could not decide it should of been this Split Ball business that I have never heard of before (Anybody got a set of rules to hand) adn a foul called but it was not!

Comment

If you do not want to purchase the rules of Snooker from World Snooker at £11 I think it is they have provided a print ready copy on their website !!!! I know idiots.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFi...~167232,00.pdf

Done a quick search for "split" and not one reference.

Comment

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/12092011/...hai-title.html

This is the controversial shot. Apparently, at first sight, red first, I'd say.
                    Then again, close call.
                    Mark thought it was pink first, so wanted a foul to be called.
                    I'm almost sure that he wouldn't make such a comment had he thought it was a simultaneous hit.
                    All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                      If you do not want to purchase the rules of Snooker from World Snooker at £11 I think it is they have provided a print ready copy on their website !!!! I know idiots.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFi...~167232,00.pdf

Done a quick search for "split" and not one reference.
                      Search for a "simultaneous hit" then.

Comment

6. Hitting Two Balls Simultaneously
                        Two balls, other than two Reds or a free ball and a ball on, must not be struck simultaneously by the first impact of the cue-ball.

Well, well.
                        That official rule set proves me wrong. Very interesting.
                        I have to admit I'm rather surprised by this rule.
                        All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Good call, and it says

Hitting Two Balls SimultaneouslyTwo balls, other than two Reds or a free ball and a ball on, must not be
                          struck simultaneously by the first impact of the cue-ball.
                          I apologise to Dennis I still think he should not be in the commentators chair anymore along with several others.

So going back to China, should that not of been called a Simultaneous hit and a foul called then?

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                            Good call, and it says

I apologise to Dennis I still think he should not be in the commentators chair anymore along with several others.

So going back to China, should that not of been called a Simultaneous hit and a foul called then?
                            I think this is why Mark was so frustrated about that situation. He thought it was a simultaneous hit, if not pink first, so, under every different observation, it should have been called a foul.
                            All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Robertson goes wild with blue! Unbelievable. Frame on.
                              All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Big frame this after those 2 misses by eachother.

Comment

Working...
                                X