Masters - Final Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Statman and Deant1982...thanks for clearing up the incident regarding Murphy and Maguire.
    You're welcome.
    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

I really liked The Masters this year.

Comment

Will the Welsh Open be on the red button? I swear it was last year.

I just don't like Euro Sport - it seems a bit cheap. Plus it's behind the time - I know it's impossible to show anything 100% live (normally there's a second or so between what happens in person and what the tv shows I think) but whenever you have a match that's on both the BBC and Eurosport you see that the latter is around 5 seconds behind. The sound quality is poor aswell, and I don't like the commentators as much (especially the guy from Leeds).

It does annoy me how the BBC only have 3 tournaments and ITV/Sky/Channel 4 don't have any ranking tournaments between them. I think Sky could definately have a ranking event as they seem to put a fair bit of effort in the presentation of the Premier League. ITV could be great but they'd probably shaft the event to ITV where no one would watch.

Football is on the BBC, ITV, Channel 5, Sky, ESPN and Eurosport and I'd like it if someday snooker could go down the same route. I know it will never be as big as football but having only 2 channels showing ranking events is a bit pathetic if you ask me, especially when one of those channels is one of the 'smallest' on tv.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't think TV channels like Sky or ITV habe any interest in showing snooker if it isn't shot clock sh!t. I'm not sure Channel 5 could do a full ranker properly either.

I'm not sure if BBC was on Red Button, I don't think it was. But it is on BBC Wales. If you get Sky, you should get all the different regions of the BBC.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
            Unfortunately I don't think TV channels like Sky or ITV habe any interest in showing snooker if it isn't shot clock sh!t. I'm not sure Channel 5 could do a full ranker properly either.

I'm not sure if BBC was on Red Button, I don't think it was. But it is on BBC Wales. If you get Sky, you should get all the different regions of the BBC.
            Must have been where I watched it then.

In 2010 O'Sullivan made the semi's so he has quite a lot of ranking points to protect there. He's much closer than I thought to going out of the top 16.

Ricky Walden and Mark Davis didn't even qualify in 2010 and both have 1 more qualifying match to get through to be entered into the main tournament this year. Higginson lost in the 2nd round in 2010 and he's got 1 more qualifying match aswell, even though he's a few hundred points behind Ronnie if he makes the same stage with Ronnie losing before the 1/4 finals then he'd probably overtake Ronnie aswell.

I had no idea it was THAT close!

For Ronnie's sake I hope he has a good German Masters. I have to say though for the first time in a while the draw has been favourable to him. Higgins, Trump, Selby, Murphy and Dott are all in the other half of the draw. He's got Higginson in the first round and then either Carter/Perry in the 2nd round so if he doesn't make the 1/4 finals atleast then he'll be gutted. He'll probably face Niel Robertson in the 1/4 final and either Ding/Williams in the semi final should be get there, and he has the mental edge over both those players. That potential 1/4 final vs Robertson could be HUGE.

Interesting times ahead!

I'll probably copy part of this over to the German Open thread later.

Comment

Didn't Ronnie pull out of Germany last year?

When he does turn up for tournaments in other countries, he doesn't always play well. Will this be a factor?

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                Didn't Ronnie pull out of Germany last year?

When he does turn up for tournaments in other countries, he doesn't always play well. Will this be a factor?
                Yep, he pulled out. He hasn't entered himself for the Sky shootout which is a few days before the German Open so he obviously realises how important it is to him, especially as he loves the shootout type snooker.

Comment

Has he not entered the Shooutout? I didn't realise that.

Comment

Working...
                  X