Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Masters Table Pockets so Forgiving like Buckets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Masters Table Pockets so Forgiving like Buckets!

The Pockets at this years Masters are so Forgiving its Unreal!

I havent seen a Table on Tournaments for Long While like this, Must be cut alittle different.

Gaz.

Next time i see my mate who fits the star tables for the premier league i shall try and get some info out of him.

As we players dont see the balls we pot going in in slow motion or from behind and not from a few inches away, i dont think they are actually buckets. It just looks like it.

Although when you see some along the rail shots hit the cushion a foot away from the pocket and still go in it does make y
    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Just remember that part of the answer for that is that the cloths are brand new in these tournaments. Those new and slick cloths do help balls 'slide' in much better however I will agree that I saw some pots along the cushion at slow speed that wouldn't have potted even on my own table which has slightly larger pockets than those of the Star tables.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

You deffo see balls slide in a bit down the rails at slow speeds, but otoh potting at pace looks tough and the middle pockets look really tight.

Comment

I call them BBC pockets, far too big IMO. These blokes are the best in the world so why make it easier for them than it is for us. It should be the other way round. And it really grates me everytime I hear one of the commentators say that the pockets are really tight. In the UK last year I actually heard Willie Thorne say, "well I didn't think that one was in" and then later after I'm sure someone in 'authority' had had a word with him, "this is definately a far jaw table, that's how good these players are these days, they know it's a far jaw table and deliberately aim for the far jaw knowing the pocket will take it."
          What a load of bollocks, they go in off the near jaw just as easily. This is why 147's are being made so often these days and why Trump can thump them in down the cushion. I have a league match tomorrow night on a table that is sixty years old with the original cushions on it, a cloth with a heavy nap in a room that traps moisture like a sponge. I'd like to invite Judd to come on down and show me how it's done.
          No I don't expect modern pros to play in damp conditions but I also don't expect them to have the pockets bigger than the ones I have to put up with, and I don't like being lied to by Steve Davis and co.

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking, there's more to challenging pockets than just the size or cut. Old, dirty cloth with an unpolished set of balls will tighten that table up considerably. Not to say I'd like that happen.

Comment

We have this every tournament now - Murphy for one said the pockets were tight, and if they were as easy to pot into as is being suggested, why did we see O'Sullivan, Trump, Higgins and Robertson all missing shots? Serious question, cos I don't play myself.

Comment

Working...
              X