Big pockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big pockets

Hi All, do the pockets seem a little forgiving or is i my imagination? Allen just had a shot down the rail that wandered off by about half inch and dropped in. Maybe it's a Hearn thing to make the game more exciting
    Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Originally Posted by jonplayer View Post
    Hi All, do the pockets seem a little forgiving or is i my imagination? Allen just had a shot down the rail that wandered off by about half inch and dropped in. Maybe it's a Hearn thing to make the game more exciting
    This problem has been around for a while, so I wouldn't blame Hearn. 2009 was a particularly "generous" year, with outrageous tables in the Masters and the WC. I think it's actually not too bad this week, one of the tighter tables of the season probably. But there just isn't any consistency from tournament to tournament.

Comment

This issue comes up all the time but I genuinely think it's more about the cloth than the pockets. I'm sure we've all seen shots down the rail stroked in pocket weight, hitting the cush and still slipping in off the jaw, going back 10 years now, poss even longer.

Did you see the pot ROS missed in the middle today, though? The camera was right behind the shot and I don't see how you could call the middle bag anything less than tight.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        This problem has been around for a while, so I wouldn't blame Hearn. 2009 was a particularly "generous" year, with outrageous tables in the Masters and the WC. I think it's actually not too bad this week, one of the tighter tables of the season probably. But there just isn't any consistency from tournament to tournament.
        I agree, I think these tables have been a bit pinchy.

Comment

I was thinking this after that exact shot! I bet the pockets are still tighter than most though :snooker:
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I record most Snooker Tourny's and what I Noticed more than ever Today was is "THE TABLE IS PULLING BAD BY MIDDLE POCKET".

The Camera was Perfect when Trump's Middle Pocket Shot Pulled to the Right Badly!! Then Ronnie Played another and you could see that Pulling aswell, How on earth the Commentators didnt say anything Obviously Frightend there Bosses would give them a Bollocking!

I have watched it back few Times and it is Terrible Pull on Middle Right Hand side looking up from Black Spot to Colours.

Gaz.

Comment

I gotta agree these Pockets are quite Tight compared to other events, what makes them look bigger than they are is the New Top Cloth which slides the ball much easier than a Club Table.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                I record most Snooker Tourny's and what I Noticed more than ever Today was is "THE TABLE IS PULLING BAD BY MIDDLE POCKET".

The Camera was Perfect when Trump's Middle Pocket Shot Pulled to the Right Badly!! Then Ronnie Played another and you could see that Pulling aswell, How on earth the Commentators didnt say anything Obviously Frightend there Bosses would give them a Bollocking!

I have watched it back few Times and it is Terrible Pull on Middle Right Hand side looking up from Black Spot to Colours.

Gaz.
                I didn't really notice but I hope you're right.

The table is supposed to play like that against the nap.

Comment

Didn't think these tables have a great deal of nap on them ?

Just agree with the commentators about the tables playing a little slow .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I know a lot of ppl think that I'm against generous pockets but the fact is the opposite, I thing the ball should go in if get in the jaws of the pocket. There is one table down my club that the pockets are so tight that I can't break the pack open because if I use any power when potting the black it just won't go in. The game is a potting game and we have to move on. who want's to go back to the days when a 50 break was a frame winner and loads of untidy frames. Although some players still manage to drag the game down to this level. All I want is commentators saying how hard these tables are to play on when it is the reverse. Most club tables are harder to play on, Big rolls, bad cushions, slow cloth, worn cloth, holes in the cloth, cushions uneven and bad lighting.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                      I know a lot of ppl think that I'm against generous pockets but the fact is the opposite, I thing the ball should go in if get in the jaws of the pocket. There is one table down my club that the pockets are so tight that I can't break the pack open because if I use any power when potting the black it just won't go in. The game is a potting game and we have to move on. who want's to go back to the days when a 50 break was a frame winner and loads of untidy frames. Although some players still manage to drag the game down to this level. All I want is commentators saying how hard these tables are to play on when it is the reverse. Most club tables are harder to play on, Big rolls, bad cushions, slow cloth, worn cloth, holes in the cloth, cushions uneven and bad lighting.
                      People like Ronnie, Mark Allen, Judd Trump, Matthew Stevens, Mark Williams at times make the game looks so easy perhaps they make the pockets look bigger
                      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                        People like Ronnie, Mark Allen, Judd Trump, Matthew Stevens, Mark Williams at times make the game looks so easy perhaps they make the pockets look bigger
                        I agree .................................

Comment

I know the guys that fit the tables for all the PTC's and they are doing the welsh. Same templates each time.

When i looked at the table close up on weds they are tight. Middle pocket leathers are only about 2 inches wide, crazy to see.

Must play at SWSA before the team tourney...cant go onto one of those having never played on one before!
                          Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

makes eense as gloucester isnt far from newport
                            Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Speaking to a top 16 pro t'other day at newport and he mentioned that he hates playing at glos, the tables play like crap compared to the tv table setups etc...

Wasn't fussed atall to say the least.

I love the academy tho myself...

Comment

Working...
                              X