UK Championship final discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Rane View Post
    I´m not certain that he actually did see or feel it, as he was focusing on getting up so he wasn´t in the way for the white ball, but I would love to see the situation again. The ball nearly didn´t move, so he might not have felt it. But if he was aware then offcause he should have called it.
    I don't like Murphy that much, but this time I think it was better that Fu didn't win after that faul on the green. It doesn't make a differece, whether Fu felt it or not - if he had won he woud have done it with unfair advantage gained from being able to continue after the faul. Nobody deseves to win anything that can be questioned afterwards.

As for the match, it was not high stadards, but much more interesting to watch than this years WC final. I don't ever want to see finals where the other player looks so defeted right from the start. Especially the final session of the WC final was boring.

Comment

• I was hoping Fu to win this after leading 9-8 but Murphy took his chances and his potting was top class really that was a good fluke in the final frame but unlucky for Fu, all in all a very entertaining final. I'm hoping Fu will manage to win another Ranking tournament soon.

Congrats to Murphy though.
      Last edited by MarcoFu; 22 December 2008, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gby4 View Post
        I don't like Murphy that much, but this time I think it was better that Fu didn't win after that faul on the green. It doesn't make a differece, whether Fu felt it or not - if he had won he woud have done it with unfair advantage gained from being able to continue after the faul. Nobody deseves to win anything that can be questioned afterwards.

As for the match, it was not high stadards, but much more interesting to watch than this years WC final. I don't ever want to see finals where the other player looks so defeted right from the start. Especially the final session of the WC final was boring.
        Well, yes and no. In the end the only material difference would have been the 4 points. A Miss would not have been called becasue he didn't miss the red. Not sure whether 4 points would have made a difference to the point at which snookers were required later in the frame (because I don't off hand remember which frame it was).

But also, how do you know that either player, or indeed any other player in another match, has not made an undetected foul? It is only because this one was picked up on a close-up tv camera that there is any discussion about it at all. If the tv had been using the overhead camera at that time we wouldn't be talking about it now!

And there is a Rule in snooker that if a foul is neither awarded by the referee, nor claimed by the next player, then that foul is condoned once the next shot has been made.

Comment

• Yeah. I'm gutted that Murphy won but I have to admit, he did play the better snooker of the day and I'm just as surprised as Marco that he managed to get it to a decider with the way things we're going.
          只讓我們相戀 這一季的秋天, 飄落後才發現 這幸福的碎片。要我怎麼撿。

Comment

Working...
          X