New Female referee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    There's a short piece about her here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkmHVVZZhEY Nice young lady, certainly brings a touch of elegance to the proceedings, which can't be bad. -
    Very interesting clip indeed. She's does stand out as a ref for me...something about her, maybe being quiet and unassuming, sort of blending in there...which every good ref should have imo. She makes good decisions and seems to have a good rapport with the players, which is rather important as well.

Btw I also *love* Michaela Tapp! Aside from being one of the top refs, she's funny as well, f.i. in a Maguire match, picking up the red to place it in the balk area by accident...that was hilarious...and a very sweet moment!
    Last edited by daffie; 22 February 2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Ivy seems to have a decent rapport with the travelling Chinese fans as well. She was in the crowd before the Ding vs Lee match, talking to the China mob that had come to see Ding and shaking their hands.

Comment

There's a short piece about her here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkmHVVZZhEY

Nice young lady, certainly brings a touch of elegance to the proceedings, which can't be bad.

-
        Thanks for posting the video Pat. Enjoyed it.

Yes, she's elegant, which is a rare quality imo. Hope she does well!!
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

There's a short piece about her here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkmHVVZZhEY

Nice young lady, certainly brings a touch of elegance to the proceedings, which can't be bad.

-
          yep, I agree with the others ... nice vid Pat, thanks for posting and good luck to Ivy in her career ...

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
            Thanks for posting the video Pat. Enjoyed it.

Yes, she's elegant, which is a rare quality imo. Hope she does well!!
            Agreed, but poor thing though she seem to have age a lot in the past year with very slight balding at the parting, no ? Must be the refereeing stress...

Comment

Originally Posted by liliput View Post
              Agreed, but poor thing though she seem to have age a lot in the past year with very slight balding at the parting, no ? Must be the refereeing stress...
              Sour grapes... Lol... She's fine enough in my books.

She's got good poise. Maybe needs more experience but I think that'll come in time.

{Don't I know you from somewhere? ... }
              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

She really seems nice and she's cute. Wish her all the best :-)
                ...cue is our weapon, and we know how to kill...

Comment

Originally Posted by liliput View Post
                  MMIIIAAAAOOOOOWWWWW

She has supermodel looks, couldn't concentrate if she refereed a game of mine.

Comment

Working...
                  X