UK Championship - Semifinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Championship - Semifinals

Great first semi this. Haven't seen Robertson so pumped up for a while, doesn't seem to be phasing Trump though.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Who'd have thought we'd end up with these lengthy safety battles.
    Fascinating stuff.

-
    The slow and labourious,

Comment

Great stuff..

Hope for a decider now...

Comment

A semi-final thread, I don't believe it...

It's been great stuff tonight. Not high quality, but very interesting to watch.

Comment

No decider then. good match tho.

Interesting stats too...

Comment

well done trump

neil will be kicking himself that dale and ronnie didnt put trump out

afterall trump made his luck count

from the qf he played brilliant matchplay snooker, but should have been out earlier really
            but sometimes there are other forces who decide
            Last edited by Masterdoctorgenius; 9 December 2011, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Neil how could you lose this one...daaaaaaaamn
              2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
              2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                It's been great stuff tonight. Not high quality, but very interesting to watch.
                Yes I thought it was a great semi, we've had a bit of everything, high breaks, long tactical bouts, scrappy bits, surprising errors, a mid frame comfort break, the almost inevitable re-wrack, and again, some phenomenal potting.

That'll do for me!

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Yes, some of the single shots played under pressure tonight were top notch. Particularly Robertson's two long pots in the final frame.

Before the match started, I thought this would be the real final. It was certainly nervier than I expected, so perhaps Allen or Walden just might make a great match of it on Sunday.

But tomorrow's semi-final match should be a great one in its own right. Allen has famously lost all of his previous SFs, but this will be a rare occasion where he is actually the stronger player on paper. It would hardly be a surprise if Walden won though, especially considering his form this week.

Comment

Both players missed some chances towards the end of tonights match i thought, neil should have been 8-7 up when he had the run of the balls for a while.

I liked it when they both went to the toilet together mid frame.

Couple of strange points, i thought the ref rushed the re-rack as it is the players who decide these days and like JV said the ref should try playing that tap shot all night.

Also while i like Trump and his style, Dennis Taylor said something like you can tell he holds his nerve as he did so well in the final frame against Ronnie. This is far from true while he got a nice 60+ Ronnie would likely have tied for a respot bar a kick on the black so Judd didn't really win that frame Ronnie lost it.

If anyone got a bet on Judd during his first match at the right time they could clean up on sunday.

I think Allen has a point to prove this week to himself and get to a final and to the powers that be as well but Walden is in form at the moment also so to close to call for me bar the fact I have a bet on Allen and he is my only one from the start left in so c'mon Allen !!

Comment

Originally Posted by cebs View Post
                      Also while i like Trump and his style, Dennis Taylor said something like you can tell he holds his nerve as he did so well in the final frame against Ronnie. This is far from true while he got a nice 60+ Ronnie would likely have tied for a respot bar a kick on the black so Judd didn't really win that frame Ronnie lost it.
                      !
                      That may be true for that particular frame but Trump has proven over and over that he's one of the better players in the last couple of frames of tight matches. Selby in China, Neil in the WC and Ding in the WC's where all tight matches where he showed that pressure wont get to him easily.

Comment

I'm just glad that robertson lost cause his primitive shouting ''come on'' and fist pumping is so anoying and disrespectful to his opponent. They should forbid that kind of primitivism.
                        ...cue is our weapon, and we know how to kill...

Comment

Can mark make his first final tonight...Hmmm.

He got every chance to get there.

I hope he does, come on mark...

2 lefties in the final is what i want to see, been a long time coming for us lefties to start dominating yuh...lol ......

Comment

Does Mark Allen ever look anything other than thoroughly miserable?

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Really, Judd had so many luckshots in this tournament. He does not deserve to be in the final.
                              He had luck in PTC final against Ronnie, and also in the UK Championship. And he yesterday was soo lucky. Though Neil played not well enough.

But now i would be suprised if Judd doesn' win the UK

Comment

Working...
                              X