No announcement yet.

UK Final Trump v Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great play, great style, great atmosphere, great for the game........:-)
    Last edited by CueAntW147; 11 December 2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Well played Judd.... great final!!

But massive respect to Mark Allen aswell........
      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Great Final, Well done to both players truly brilliant display and a great advert for the 'New World Snooker Order'

Comment

Great play from both players, and congratulations to Judd Trump.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Mark was unbelievable there, great comeback, shame about that red coming back up the table tho. Well done Judd

Comment

We've been really lucky with the major finals this year, three classics. On top of being very tense and dramatic, this was also a very high quality match, much better than I expected. Mark Allen has probably never played so well and lost. His scoring was almost perfect from 3-8 down, almost no wasted opportunities, he had just left himself too much to do in the end.

Trump was vulnerable towards the end of the match, but he played brilliantly earlier and did the damage in the middle part of the match. He was always going to get the chance he needed to take it. This win puts him among the favourites for the World title at the end of the season.

No midnight finish tonight, but that was mainly because both players scored so quickly, so I can't really complain. Looking forward to the Masters now... Considering 14 of the top16 players came through the 1st round here, it should be a pretty similar tournament. But then again, it's very rare for players to feature at the business end of both tournaments back to back.

Comment

Great to see a fast flowing final and the best man won.

Think Allen piled too much pressure on himself with his comments this week. Maybe he should spend more time worrying about his game and less about the changes that are being made. I preferred the new format and these days people don't want to see an early stages match in 2 sessions. Times have changed.

I think if one of the big names had made the comments they would be been taken seriously, but not by a player who hasn't made much of an impact on the game yet. Just saying.....

Comment

Originally Posted by 147bhoy View Post
                  Great to see a fast flowing final and the best man won.

Think Allen piled too much pressure on himself with his comments this week. Maybe he should spend more time worrying about his game and less about the changes that are being made. I preferred the new format and these days people don't want to see an early stages match in 2 sessions. Times have changed.

I think if one of the big names had made the comments they would be been taken seriously, but not by a player who hasn't made much of an impact on the game yet. Just saying.....
                  Spot on, and well played Judd!

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    ...he had just left himself too much to do in the end.
                    I'd say Judd Trump left him too much to do. Trump was just so good in the middle of the match.

Comment

Originally Posted by 147bhoy View Post
                      John Higgins hasn't made much of an impact in snooker?

It was John who criticised the format before Mark. And again they are entitled to their opinion.

Comment

Originally Posted by missneworleans View Post
                        Judd didnt deserve it Mark was the best player but its snooker. Still an amazing final and amazing tournament.
                        Why didn't he deserve it? He didn't win frames by flukes, he won seven frames in a row playing very solid match snooker. If Allen would have come back all the way and won it he'd have deserved it too. God petty comments like this annoy me. Give credit where credit is due.

Unfair to Judd to say he didn't deserve it. Hats of to both players.
                        Last edited by doorag; 12 December 2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Great final, Judd definitely deserved the win and let's face it, a Judd win is great for snooker

He's not there yet, but he is going down the Higgins/White/Ronnie road of public interest and popularity

Comment

Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
                            Great final, Judd definitely deserved the win and let's face it, a Judd win is great for snooker

He's not there yet, but he is going down the Higgins/White/Ronnie road of public interest and popularity
                            I especially like Judds "happy to be there" attitude. He enjoys playing and the big stages. That may fade in time but right now it's really a breath of fresh air.

Comment

Working...
                            X