Stevens's bowtie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevens's bowtie

Matthew Stevens has hit out at tournament organisers at his being made to wear a bowtie despite his flu:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...er/6358901.stm

(Needless to say, this story has not yet made it to WSA's website!)

Yes, Stevens looked not very well
    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Was Maguire allowed to go without a bowtie? If so, there is certainly double standards at work here.......

Comment

Ah well. Nice to hear a new excuse after losing a match! Not slow tables, not playing on the main table but a boooooooww tie is now the cause of defeat!

It surely did have him in a stranglehold!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ginger_Freak
          Was Maguire allowed to go without a bowtie? If so, there is certainly double standards at work here.......
          Maguire does actually have a medical reason for not wearing one - cant remember what it is though

Comment

He should have taken it off during the match just like Alex Higgins used to do....

And then lick the white ball....
            Come on Jimmy!!!!

Comment

If Matthew was indeed ill,I think he should have been allowed to play without a bow tie. The flu is a good medical reason,isn't it?

Comment

Originally Posted by Miss_S
                If Matthew was indeed ill,I think he should have been allowed to play without a bow tie. The flu is a good medical reason,isn't it?
                I agree , they should have let him .
                Our commentators mentioned Hendo was allowed not to wear one during his match with Ali Carter - Malta Open , as he was sick due to a food poisoning -if i remember well. So i see no reason not to allow Matthew do the same now.
                "I just want to live for the moment.Tomorrow's not important, next month is not important,what's happened in the past is not important.That's my journey... and I like the journey i'm on!" R.O'Sullivan
                Winner of 2008 UK Championship Prediction Contest
                Winner of 2010 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

Stevens was not ill. He is just playing mediocre for the last two years! Just face the facts!

Comment

Originally Posted by ronnieisthebest
                    Maguire does actually have a medical reason for not wearing one - cant remember what it is though
                    Shaving rash??

Comment

If he really had FLU he would have been to ill to play at all!!.me thinks he has a cold ,well i go to work with that??

Comment

He had a note from his doc,that should be enough.
                        Some of us go to work/school even if we shouldn't sometimes, when suffering from more seruois things than a cold.
                        He wasn't using his illness as an excuse,only pointing out the fact that he wasn't allowed to take his bow tie off,as he should've been allowed to do.

Comment

Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave
                          Stevens was not ill.
                          Oh, come on, he looked absolutely out of it and he had a note from his doctor.

(Maybe he's been having curry with John Higgins?)
                          Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

Now you mention it, I noticed a nurse 4th row left of the table. I already wondered why she was in that kind of outfit!

Originally Posted by Maija
                            Oh, come on, he looked absolutely out of it and he had a note from his doctor.

(Maybe he's been having curry with John Higgins?)

Comment

Working...
                            X