Welsh Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh Players

All 4 Welsh players lost their first match in the Welsh Open. Certainly this must be a great disappointment for the local audience.

Do you think there will be a Welshman in the top 16 after this season is over? Day looks to be their brighest star at the moment.
    "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

well, it didn't look like the Welsh audience cared a lot for their stars, excepting the handful of people showing up at the games. Are tickets too expensive?

Comment

Originally Posted by snookersfun
      well, it didn't look like the Welsh audience cared a lot for their stars, excepting the handful of people showing up at the games.
      I wouldn't say that. There was mumbling, oooohing and aaaahing as Williams played, and I don't think that was just because they'd all stayed on after O'Sullivan had played
      Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

I think Williams still is in top 16 in current provisional rankings list? but with that game he won't be there for long.
        ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

In the one year ranking, Day is at 5 and Stevens at 15, with Williams outside the top 16. Check www.snooker.org.
          "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Let' s hope he will stay in the top 16 - I like the man
            I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

Originally Posted by elvaago
              In the one year ranking, Day is at 5 and Stevens at 15, with Williams outside the top 16. Check www.snooker.org.
              I meant 2 years ranking. Yeah, the one year could be so, Williams had not won much this year
              ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

I was VERY surprised when Ryan Day went out 0-5!!
                2010 World Open Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

Out of the Welsh players I can only see Ryan Day actually improving and is a top 16 player ability wise no doubt. As for Williams and Stevens I am starting to think that they are on the way down with little sign of regaining their form. Stevens has never been great in shorter matches and when you consider that most tournaments are only best of 9 matches he needs to do well in the UK and World Championships every season to stay in the top 16.

Williams form has been below par for the past 2 or 3 years now and looks a shadow of the player he was. I really don't see him returning back to winning ways as I think his all round game is too weak now, he doesn't score well enough, misses too many easy pots and his long potting which was once his main strength is not enough to win him matches anymore.

Comment

With the two year system Williams is pretty much certain to still be top 16 next season as the top 11 are safe I think.

Stevens on the other hand isnt guarenteed 32 status let alone top 16, he needs to turn things around.

Day has just fallen victim of the final curse of this season. Ding, Cope, Robertson, O Sullivan have all faired badly the tournament (or even more) after they have reached a final this year.

Comment

Originally Posted by chasmmi
                      Day has just fallen victim of the final curse of this season. Ding, Cope, Robertson, O Sullivan have all faired badly the tournament (or even more) after they have reached a final this year.
                      I have a similar observation. Every event winner (including the Masters) so far this season had fallen on their first hurdle in the following tournament. Ding in the GP, Robertson in the UK, Ebdon in the Masters, O'Sullivan in the Malta. Murphy has broken that trend.
                      2006 Premier League Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

And you can add runners ups to that list for Cope, Ding (Masters) and Day.

Comment

Working...
                        X