Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Mark Selby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Mark Selby

Cant wait for this one. I dont think Selby has much recognition yet, but on his day (which he seems to have more and more often) he is brilliant. From what i can gather he is on form this week too. So if Ronnie is not playing well, and thinking about overhauling his game or whatever he will get anihilated out there today.

If Ronnie does play well though, this could be one of the matches of the tournament.
    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Mark Selby is very very tempting at nearly 3/1 at some places...if he goes in front, I can't see Ronnie putting up a big fight......

Comment

Hopefully, both players will play at the top of their game. If so this could be a classic.

I think Ronnie will win but I'm hoping Selby can cause an upset.
      2009 Shanghai Masters Lucky Dip Champion
      2010/11 Overall Prediction Champion

Comment

Its a really hard one to call. I changed my mind in the prediction contest about 3 timnes on this one.

Selby will be totally up for this, and i wonder if he might succumb to nerves or pressure. I think Ronnie may be up for it too as he might find Selby an interesting challenge.

So hopefully we wont get a bored and disinterested Ronnie today.
        "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Originally Posted by dannyd0g
          Its a really hard one to call. I changed my mind in the prediction contest about 3 timnes on this one.

Selby will be totally up for this, and i wonder if he might succumb to nerves or pressure. I think Ronnie may be up for it too as he might find Selby an interesting challenge.

So hopefully we wont get a bored and disinterested Ronnie today.
          I think nerves and pressure are the reasons Selby hasn't gone as far in the game as he might have. He's undoubtedly talented, but I've only seen him play to his potential when he's having it all his own way, I've yet to see him go toe to toe with a top player on form.

With an in-the-mood Ronnie sitting in the chair I have my doubts as to whether he'll be able to perform, but if he gets a few frames ahead I'd fancy him to run away with it.

Should be an interesting one as you say.

Comment

Working...
          X