Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welsh Open 2009 - Semi-final discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe is in the FINAL! After 18 years

Comment

• Well done Joe Swail! Still a shame it didn't go to a decider though
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Come on, Swail! Beat Carter tomorrow!
        只讓我們相戀 這一季的秋天, 飄落後才發現 這幸福的碎片。要我怎麼撿。

Comment

• It was allways going to be a drama with Joe Swail arround. I wonder what kind of excitement he'll provide us tomorrow? That cracking yellow was a shot of the tournament so far.

Comment

• Looks like we're in for a sentimental final then. I kind of feel Swail has finally got what he was due over the years reaching that elusive final, and Carter is just too good to finish this season without a title...

Comment

• Joe you put me through the ringer there. Well played and I never thought I would see the day when Swail reached a ranking final.
              TSF World Champion 2010
              TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
              BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

• Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
                Anyone know the last time a NI player reached a final? I bet it was Higgins or Taylor - it was so long ago I can't remember!
                Think it was Taylor in the Asian Open in 1990 (more recent than Higgins's last final - the 1990 British Open).

Comment

• What´s the h2h between them?
                  ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

• Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
                    Swail certainly has the record for most semis without reaching a final (9).

The highest ranked players never to reach a final is a tricky question... Swail (10th) is the highest since 1983-4; Bill Werbeniuk was ranked 8th that season, but that was the first season when more than one event counted to the rankings. (Before that, Fred Davis and John Pulman were ranked higher).
                    The records now pass to Andy Hicks (5), and Barry Hawkins/Martin Clark (12th).

Comment

• Awesome for Joe Swail. He really deserves this final place after all these years. I figure the Captain will win comfortably tomorrow though. He's due a win after his recent results and Swail may not quite be able to re-energise himself after a win as emphatic as this one.
                      Less frames go to the colours because everyone's so bloody good. My solution: The inclusion of a mushroom on the table. If you knock it over, your score would go back to zero points.
                      - Steve Davis

Comment

Working...
                      X